[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone used one of these. Seems a very good idea but I wonder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_2016-03-25-16-03-20.jpg (111 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-25-16-03-20.jpg
111 KB, 1280x800
Has anyone used one of these. Seems a very good idea but I wonder what the quality is like and how well it works.
>>
>>967406
you can buy a shifter for a dollar though. this wont replace a wrench.
>>
I have adjustable spanners.
>>
>>967406
my boss bought one of them, he flashed it around for a week and it's never seen any use really.

it relies on having a strong grip and the nut not having anything blocking the wrench going over the top of it, which is the obvious glaring drawback of such a tool.

my advice would be to save your money, buy a basic set of well known and time proven tools and simply upgrade in quality over time
>>
At first glance it seems kind of gimmicky.
>>
>>967406
>They're crap.

I have a similar gimmick device in my tool chest. Can't remember where I got it. Can't remember if I've ever used it.
>>
File: IMG_2736.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2736.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
>>967406
>Seems a very good idea
>>
File: 86031254k.jpg (58 KB, 800x199) Image search: [Google]
86031254k.jpg
58 KB, 800x199
>>967406
Its way too big to be practical for much of anything

I mean, it may work to take off the wheels of a lawnmower or something where its on the outside of your shit with a lot of room.

Its not going to work with 90% of the stuff you would ever need to use it on, and a plain old adjustable wrench would work better in most cases.

If you are looking for something like an adjustable wrench but better, look at the Knipex Pliers wrenches
Fucking amazing tools
>>
>>967497
found one of those in the barn years ago. have yet to find a use for it
>>
File: Stolen.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Stolen.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
>>967406
Ah yes, the old "Sears stole my idea and outsourced it to china" wrench.
The loggerhead multi tools have always looked cool to me, but cost way too much
>>
>>967406
Bionic? Are they implying it's going to replace your hand? And if that's the case, aren't all wrenches bionic?
>>
>>967406
the fuck is this shit
somebody wrote 'bionic wrench' on a crimping tool as a joke?
>>
>>967504
Fucking love these. I have a tiny pair and a 10" pair. Fucking best things ever.

However, they are nearly useless for automotive tasks due to torque requirements and space restraints.
>>
>>967508
Found that one and used it, just to piss myself off. I remember seeing them everywhere back in the day, but never remember seeing them actually being used. The idea is clever, but like the one in OP's post, it will be limited by space.
>>
>>967428
exactly

the bigger ones are prefect for opening caps stuck on 2L bottles though
>>
>>967510

>those fucking coke-bottle lenses

my fucking sides

I didn't know Bubbles made tools
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.