[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The shower in my master bathroom is being wonky. When we turn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: spout.jpg (11 KB, 274x206) Image search: [Google]
spout.jpg
11 KB, 274x206
The shower in my master bathroom is being wonky. When we turn the shower on there's still a good bit of water coming out of the spout. I'm assuming that there's a connection somewhere that's not sealing up completely, but I'm not sure where to look.

I attempted to take off the middle handle that is the diverter. After digging through the soap scum I got the hex screw out, but was unable to get the handle off. I wasn't sure where to go from there, so I just left it be since I didn't want to break anything. How do I get it off? Do I need to remove the spout and unscrew it?

Regardless, once I figure out how to get this handle off, I need to know where to go from there. Could I just buy a new 3 handle set and replace? Could I have this ones O ring repaired?

Thanks.
>>
>>965029
Uhg, is that pic your spout setup?
The fix is a $0.10 neoprene washer.
But you'll need to turn the water mains off and disassemble the spouts to replace the washers.

Tools:
non-marring pump pliers
flat blade screw turn
teflon tape
>>
>>965029
Yeah sounds like the seals are just old, went hard and broke up, won't need to buy a whole new set of taps, just the o-rings/washers.

As for getting it off, not sure about those taps but have you tried unscrewing the the base that connects with the tile, in my experience that usually holds the whole assemble to the wall.

As the other anon has mentioned, turn the water off first unless you like getting drenched.

Also clean your fucking tiles man, Jesus.
>>
>>965157
Theres a hex screw near the base. I got that off.and anf tried to skip it off but it wouldnt budge.

Yeah that crap keeps coming back. It was never there until this started so I told my wife a few months ago don't bother until I fix it and ive kept putting it off.
>>
>>965029

Clean your shower. I hardly have any standards but for fucks sake.
>>
>>965249
This.
>>
>>965392
Once I get this shit fixed I plan on it. That comes back after a week right now. Part of the reason im fixing it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.