[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I would like to make something using this, but I have no idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: KIMG0088.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0088.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I would like to make something using this, but I have no idea what it is, can you tell me
>>
Steam punk hand granade
>>
You could use it to make an antique style gas canister
>>
Well I wanted to empty it but its full of something that doesn't smell very healthy to be smelling haha
>>
>>964793
Might be cool.
>>
File: Oral_pear.jpg (220 KB, 2008x1476) Image search: [Google]
Oral_pear.jpg
220 KB, 2008x1476
if you're handy you could make a pic related
>>
>>964792
Haha I forgot to include I don't know what the object is, I know what I'm gonna make already haha will post when through I'm just curious
>>
>>964792
You could shove that and this shitpost in your ass as a bit of a butt plug.
>>
>>964820
Im sure you'd love that video, who should I send it too
>>
>>964792
That looks like a very old gas pesticide container, I'd be really fucking careful with that.
>>
File: post-299-1273413179.jpg (142 KB, 1063x1624) Image search: [Google]
post-299-1273413179.jpg
142 KB, 1063x1624
>>964858
this

OP it might be some Zyclon B.
>>
>>964792
>>964883
It's probably a US military can of mosquito killer.
Usually it's just concentrated permethrin (which is pretty dangerous but not more than other pesticides today) but I've never seen one that old, looks late 40's-vietnam era, so who knows it may be dioxin or DDT based. Which might mean it's nasty shit.

OP if you die make sure to have a family member or friend post the EPA's video search of your shop on /diy/.
>>
File: img-thing.png (54 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54 KB, 300x300
maybe it's agent oarndge
>>
I have a fire extinguisher very similar to that.

It is a horrible fire extinguisher
>>
>>964792
Nice file name
>>
>>964891
DDT is one of the best things to ever come out of science.

It was safe enough to spray directly on people. A normal application of it was to spray the inside walls of your house. It would stick around and mosquitos that landed on it would die.

The silent spring was a lie. Bird populations were increasing because insect diseases are a leading killer among birds too.

Despite environmental regulation committees finding no problem with DDT scientifically they knew they had to legislate against it because of public sentiment.

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/the-truth-about-ddt-and-silent-spring
>>
It was in my shop, it come with the house, my goal was to make a flamethrower with it but I may save it to use the insecticide in it, pop it open and fumigate the carpenter bees in my other buildings
>>
>>965305
>trusting something you know nothing about to not explode in your face
>>
>>964825
[email protected]
>>
>inb4 op takes a bath in nerve gas
>>
dopey OP
>>
>>964802
they also come in anal
>>
>>964792
says filter on it, might be some type of old filter dryer for an air con unit?
>>
>>964800
>>964804
>>964858
Rip op
>>
File: TEV010DJFss.jpg (4 KB, 210x142) Image search: [Google]
TEV010DJFss.jpg
4 KB, 210x142
>>966825
that's my guess, might not be too though..
>>
Post a better picture of the label. I see something about "content" and "filter"
>>
Its called a kayak, you use them to paddle on water.
>>
>>964800
can you describe the odor ?
might be an ethanethiol bottle for a mine.
ethanethiol is used to alert miner to evacute the mine.
as a odorific signal.
>>
File: CGC_poisonous.jpg (42 KB, 483x629) Image search: [Google]
CGC_poisonous.jpg
42 KB, 483x629
>>964792
OP dont touch strange canisters you find in the water.

it might just say "wear filters" or "the filters, they do nothing once you inhale this phosphene gas"

its really expensive to dispose of toxic containers so they're subject to being dumped illegally.
>>
File: propane.png (547 KB, 564x568) Image search: [Google]
propane.png
547 KB, 564x568
>>967381
>>
>>966825
>>967304
That wouldn't explain the valve and spray nozzle, or why the instructions say
1. HOLD
2. TO OPEN
3. FILTER
4. TO CLOSE
Seem more similar to the old army insecticides that were given to troops to deal with mosquitoes up until the end of the Vietnam war.

Unless those saying it's an A/C filter are lying to get OP to open it.
In which case, yeah OP, it's just an A/C filter, go ahead and have a crack at it and upload pics.
>>
OP please say something
>>
>>967511
OP here. i don't feel so good. tell my family I love th
>>
>>966825
>>>964792
>says filter on it, might be some type of old filter dryer for an air con unit?
Ooor it could be recommending that you wear a fucking mask to filter out the nasty shit inside???
>>
>>967632
>falls over dead
>gets back up to complete captcha and hit post
>die again

kek
>>
>>965060
Interesting article. My understanding was the eggshell thinning of top birds was the main point of silent spring, so I guess I learned something. I'm also meh, more like there was not that much resistance to it either, the practice of misting it everywhere was causing immunity in a lot of insect species. Researching after a bedbug incident, I found that by the late 60's DDT wasn't the recommended insecticide for infestations. Basically the same story of how penicillin works on nothing now.

I do think they should have made it a controlled substance instead of banning it, though. Even with the science available at the time.
>>
>>965060
>silent spring was a lie
Too true and even after it was proven false there is no DDT use.
Several million deaths in Africa alone as a result of the "global warming de jour"
>>
>>967697
>what is captcha caching
>>
It could seriously be any vapor that was compressed for ease of storage and use. I mean, it could be something harmless maybe, or say it's something harmless, but you don't know what it's been through. Somebody might have rigged it up to hold propane for a camp stove or something. Whatever is in it may also become very toxic when it breaks down. Sometimes valves fail after not being used for years and then being forced to turn, may prevent it from shutting all the way or sonething.

One big thing, is it pressurized? I'm assuming you'll know because you tried or succeeded in opening. If you did that wasn't a smart choice, but you're still with us (I hope) so that's good.

The shitty, and more than likely illegal thing to do would be to open it in the middle of an empty field and run away. I wouldn't recommend that. And if you intend to cut into it with a grinder or something there has been more than one instance where whatever was inside a tank like this was flammable and left a residue that was enough to blow up when being cut into or welded on. And these things go off like a bomb if they're under pressure and get cracked into.

Just some things to consider.
>>
>>964792
Don't cut it open. Take it to a place to properly dispose of it.
>>
ok so obviously this is a canister of highly pressurized 4chan aka cancer

my advice is to give it to a loved one and watch them die slowly from the inside
>>
>>964883
it says "caution, do not destroy"
>OP dont fuck around with it
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.