[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dewalt t-stack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: dwst170704_1.jpg (42 KB, 485x485) Image search: [Google]
dwst170704_1.jpg
42 KB, 485x485
So I've gone and ordered one of these (image related) to connect to my impact and drill box to keep all my bits organised.

So how many people have used these not this particular model but the series in general.

Are they worth the extra money sure they seem tough and well built but apart from keeping my bits with my tools I don't know if I can justify the other ones
>>
File: dwst171195_1.jpg (40 KB, 485x485) Image search: [Google]
dwst171195_1.jpg
40 KB, 485x485
The only other reason I could see them being useful was if I rigged up something to hold them to the floor of my van it would be easy to get them in and out and locked in to stop rolling all around
>>
I just use a home depot bucket bag
>>
Does anybody have these? I want some too but the price makes me want to find someone who owns them
>>
File: 13025316833_384d9a73bf_b.jpg (266 KB, 551x1024) Image search: [Google]
13025316833_384d9a73bf_b.jpg
266 KB, 551x1024
I have this exact same harbor freight tool chest. Before I got it, I only had enough tools to fill up a few buckets.

Now this whole thing is full and I'm looking at doubling my storage capacity. Funny how this works.
>>
>>963690
Agreed

>>963684
Im to organised for that everything has to have a place to go and everything must go in its place
>>
>>963691
The only problem with those is there not easily portable like a tool box Im a former carpenter who lucked out big time and now I just renovate homes I'm working on 2 atm sometimes up to 3 so it has to be portable
>>
>>963695
Yeah, they don't carry super great and are heavy. You can stack them but you probably won't want more than two or three at the outside.

The drawers are pretty spiffy, and you can get a foam liner block that you can form to fit your specific tools.

I got one for home because I kept losing my drill.
>>
>>963720
On the other hand, I got them because they are heavy. I had a couple cheapie plastic tool bins that were lighter but infuriating because they would deform and not close with what I thought was pretty modest tool load. Ended up kicking it to pieces in a temper tantrum.
>>
>>963722
I have the same problem with tubs I have 2 awesome recycling tubs but they don't have lids
>>
>>963649
I got a stack of this big boy, a thin one for drawers and another for the drills. The convenience of having a centralized area for tools, bits and a big box is pretty great if you don't have much organization around. If you've got adequate storage then there really isn't much point.

The biggest downside to this is having to take down the top boxes to get the lid open for the bottom most ones, as they can get heavy. I mean, sure, you can take the latch off but that's another step. You really don't want anything higher than a 4ft stack/just above ~waist height due to weight. The drawer is pretty neat, but opening them without a thumb due to whatever reason is difficult.

I haven't really taken them out much and they've been garage queens, despite me regularly using drills/saw, so I can't really say much. I don't see much advantage with them if you have adequate storage or space solutions. The previous posts pretty much have it covered. What I do like though is how spacious the big one is.
>>
>>963742
Op here thank you very much I'll just stick with the one I ordered and my drill box I couldn't see it being to heavy to carry with just the 2
>>
I use the Bosch ones and really like them other than unstacking them to get at the bottom one but it's not that big of a deal. Have used them for a few years now.
>>
I'm a contractor, i use the dewalt kit bags to haul tools, and buckets for almost everything else. i have a few milk crates and HD storage totes as well.
>>
File: IMG_20160318_224641713.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160318_224641713.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>963684
When my HD bucket apron wore out I cannibalized old and new aprons to make this.
>>
>>964076
Got any side views? Looks bretty cool.
>>
File: 71Du7GmNkJL._SL1163_.jpg (188 KB, 836x1163) Image search: [Google]
71Du7GmNkJL._SL1163_.jpg
188 KB, 836x1163
>>964076
I swear just having my tools in a bucket vs anything else adds 15 pounds by itself.

I also have bad trash tracking so I end up filling my bucket with all the fly-shit sized trash pieces. Which isn't a problem one at a time but after a month I've got another extra 5 pounds of trash in the bottom of it.

This was and is my jam. Custom Leather Craft 1526. My drill eventually blew out the stitching-- my tool bin contributed to it by stressing the stitching when I stored it. I used the large pocket near the pictured electric tape holder to hold my drill and used the tape holder to hold the drill in place.

This was my jam. Just perfect weight and tight tight storage.

it was my tool bag, and then I'd bring my hardware/whatever I was installing in a trash bucket.
>>
File: IMG_20160319_092428127.jpg (1015 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160319_092428127.jpg
1015 KB, 1456x2592
>>964080
>>
>>963646
buy the tough system stuff from dewalt, its much more durable, and can take a lot more weight. plus the new radio is kick ass. If its going into a van make some racking like: https://stanleytools.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6198
>>
File: IMG_0664.jpg (245 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0664.jpg
245 KB, 768x1024
>>964973
specifically this sort of deal
>>
>>964973
>>964976
>Literally a dewalt shill trying to upsell someone
Jesus.
>>
>>964976
Jesus can you imagine driving that thing around for daily use? Every fucking tradesman in their country is going to say the same thing.

"Lol nice van faggot"

Remember to only buy trusted DEWALT products :^)
>>
>>964976
What is this guy installing with his van so full of tools but no room for materials?
>>
>>965243
He is selling Dewalt tool boxes
>>
>>964976
>dewalt brand wood shelving
what the fuck
Who owns a van full of tools but can't stick a few pieces of lumber together?
>>
>>963684
Bucket bag ftw.
>>
>>964973
....what?

>>964976
This look impossible to manage, wtf? I've never seen something that looks so much like an advertisement, or perhaps a sponsored set for a tv show.
>>
Op here I could actually set my van like that got 3 roof racks and two hook things on the side to carry big bits of gyprock / ply
>>
>>965258
>>965243
pretty much, the thread I stole this image from was part of a tool show
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.