[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I trick touch button?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: touch-2.jpg (111 KB, 500x387) Image search: [Google]
touch-2.jpg
111 KB, 500x387
I have 3 monitors and they all have capacitive touch buttons to turn them on. I want to make a master button that touches all three of them at the same time. I tried just taking a wire and taping it ot the button and touching it but that did not work. How do I trick it? I dont want to take apart the monitors because they were expensive and I am a noob.
>>
the only way you're going to do this is by taking apart the monitors. The two terminals on your master switch need to connect to each of the two terminals where the individual ON buttons are.
>>
>>963366
go to a butchers and get some pig skin
get a long piece of wood to reach all buttons, hinge it to your desk and attach pig skin where the buttons are
>>
I heard french fries work on capacitive touchscreens and sensors.
>>
Ground it.
>>
File: Rocketfish RF-PCS7ES.jpg (24 KB, 390x149) Image search: [Google]
Rocketfish RF-PCS7ES.jpg
24 KB, 390x149
there are gadgets that you can use to do this for you. i just got a used Rocketfish RF-PCS7ES power outlet for a few bucks. it has a master outlet and 4 slave outlets. when you turn on the device connected to the master, the 4 slaves come on, and the same when you power down.
>>
File: picard-facepalm.jpg (31 KB, 700x528) Image search: [Google]
picard-facepalm.jpg
31 KB, 700x528
>>963436

>power strip with controlled outlets
>doesnt understand monitors dont come on when you plug them in unless you push the power button which requires your fucking finger
>>
>>963476

you're retarded. OP wants to push one button instead of three. the bar does what OP wants.
>>
>>963484
Not for turning them on.
>>
>>963484
OP here. Powering them doesnt make them turn back on. The button has to be touched.
>>
>>963486

Oh, I have 3 monitors, 2 NECs and a Dell, and they all remember their power state when you unplug them. if they were ON, they turn back ON when power is restored.
>>
>>963491

not all monitors do this maybe OPs monitors dont have this feture DID YOU THINK OF THAT SHIT no you didnt ok thanks byebye
>>
>>963492

this is a Trump supporter for sure.
>>
>>963486
If you power them off while they are on, do they turn on again when you power them back up? Every monitor I have ever encountered works this way.
>>
>>963491
Mine do too.
Have a UPS backup, when I shut my computer down the UPS senses it and shuts off all the other outlets.

I have 3 matching Asus monitors now, and they all do it. Before I got them I had a BenQ, and LG, and a shitty westinghouse. They all turned back on when the power came back up
>>
>>963366
Tape some foil to the button. Attach wire, ground wire when you want to press button.
>>
>>963522
>>963402
What exactly should I ground the wire to? I tried screwing it to the back of my desktop (I believe the case is grounded) and it did not work.
>>
>>963535

ground it to your dick
>>
>>964514
Tried it.
Didnt work.
>>
>>963500
>>963492
the condescending tone sounds more like a libtard Bernie cuck
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.