[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cheap stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: RPqL6Q0.jpg (144 KB, 1414x995) Image search: [Google]
RPqL6Q0.jpg
144 KB, 1414x995
I bought 100 meters of hemp cord for $4, I used it to make a suspended cabinet, with stretched cord, and it makes me wonder what else I could buy which is ridiculously cheap, compared to its utility.

For example, microcontrollers and lasers are ridiculously cheap for what they can do, as are many electronic parts.

I think there should be a list of stuff which is ridiculously cheap and which inventions can be made from.

For example, hydrogen and oxygen are ridiculously cheap, because you electrolyse from water, and they have great utility to make balloons or water breather (you can also make caustic soda/chlorine from salt water electrolysis). The non-cheap equivalent would be to use a 12V motor with battery to lift your stuff, when just hydrogen would do.

What is the most inexpensive rocket fuel? I have to send bacteria and human bitches DNA out of the fucking solar system before we all die and it explodes. Coal is another thing which is quite cheap for its power. It has 24 MJ/kg while alkaline batteries have 0.5, and lithium-ion from 1 to 2 MJ/kg. Another cheap thing is mylar fabric, in survival blankets, which are cheap mirrors when stretched.

In another category, it's slightly immoral but with a wire saw you can go cut down some trees for material, and it costs less than $2. I'd love to know what is the cheapest structural component for rigid constructions under no-to-light stress. I'm considering melting soil or rocks into bricks, with a lot of amperes. I think that'd be the cheapest, but it's slightly dangerous, and immoral, and annoying. I admit that along the same idea, I considered going around at night to take the metal bars from hidden and visibly useless fences. Call the cops, I'm a psychopath on the dole, banned, and behind 7 proxies.

Anyway y'all will have nothing to say, as every time I post something, people have nothing to say, and it's annoying. I'm leaving. Also, there may be potential in tensegrity structures stuff. Goodbye
>>
File: 1427406915205.png (27 KB, 224x168) Image search: [Google]
1427406915205.png
27 KB, 224x168
The plastic bags you get from walmart and places like that can be braided into surprisingly strong rope
>>
>>963364
Which op could use to hang themselves from a gallows made of petrified dog turds.
>>
>>963339
See ya
>>
>>963339

Dissolve styrofoam in acetone for silly putty, if you let the acetone evaporate from the solution you'll have a hard plastic for projects. Thin layers work best, as thick ones have bubbles from acetone trying to evaporate.

I made a ghetto wallet not from duct tape, but from a shitty promo tape that I took with me on New Year's Eve, in case I drunkedly lost my wallet - better a shitty tape wallet than my sentimental value one.
>>
File: 35543574.jpg (71 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
35543574.jpg
71 KB, 300x300
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.