[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I am putting together a computer myself for the first time,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 21311546597489.jpg (162 KB, 1200x814) Image search: [Google]
21311546597489.jpg
162 KB, 1200x814
So I am putting together a computer myself for the first time, and after I got all the parts in, the machine will power on, the fans kick in, but it beeps twice and nothing appears onscreen. I've heard that it could be memory issues and such, but I've removed and re-added the RAM, still beeps, but now with one short and a short time later what sounds like 3 very rapid beeps. What do?

>MOBO - Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
>RAM - Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600
>GPU - GTX 960
>PSU - EVGA 80 Bronze 600W

>Pic not my pc
>>
Consult your motherboard manual.
>>
It's not telling me anything that's helpful...nothing about the beep codes or any of that.
>>
First reseat your RAM. Then just try one stick at a time and see if it boots that way.
If that still doesn't work, make sure you're providing enough power to your graphics card (all power cables are plugged in) and it's seated properly.

Then try to take out the graphics card and see if it'll boot from on board graphics.
>>
>>963020
1 long 3 short is usually a ram error
>>
>>963020
You didn't say what cpu. Thanks to the way asus and their vendors does business, it's possible to buy motherboards from them that doesn't support the cpu's that it supposedly should support; not without a BIOS update at least any ways.

The M5A78L is from 2012 and it's possible that it is using the original BIOS which means that it won't recognize any of the newer AMD cpu's released since then.
>>
http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.