[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sourcing some electrical junk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
ideas as to where one could buy multiple, matching adapter power plugs (M,F) for tinkering? as cheap as possible

have lots of power bricks for powering small fans/etc, but I'd like a way of having them be more interchangeable, and cleaner

pic semi-related....neat, but they want you to order at least 500
>>
>>962294
I probably should have looked there before anywhere else...lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5x-DC-Power-Adapter-Extension-Cord-Cable-CCTV-Extender-Male-to-Female-Plug-White-/400992232092
>>
>>962294
adafruit sells those things for $2.50, PRODUCT ID: 1125

the china price is prolly cheaper, but I've not sought (or found) them on any of the china-direct sites yet
>>
File: 41qe34drFkL._SX342_.jpg (13 KB, 342x242) Image search: [Google]
41qe34drFkL._SX342_.jpg
13 KB, 342x242
RC battery connectors should work for what you want
>>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00W058HHQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?qid=1458124986&sr=8-8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=2.1mm+plug&dpPl=1&dpID=5106KX5uGOL&ref=plSrch
>>
>>962393
>buying anything from adafruit

You don't seriously do this?
>>
>>962393
so you think adafruits products are made in wholesome Western countries?
>>
>>962656
>buying anything from adafruit
>You don't seriously do this?
yep.
that was the first place I saw the power-switch things.
I prefer using the adafruit screens because they usually have two wiring modes--one faster transmission/more wires and one that is slower/uses fewer wires. Also adafruit libraries and code examples usually work 100%.

I've bought Chinese arduino screens but most China companies don't bother to support their stuff at all. Usually there's no provided libraries, documentation or working code. For a lot of things that's not a big deal, but with screens it is. Even a low-end 320x240 screen driver chip will support 30+ display modes, and have a spec sheet that is 300+ pages long. Writing a library for one yourself is not a quick and easy task. If it weren't for the Hennings Karlsen libraries, I'd have returned all the China screens and bought adafruits instead.

>>962657
>so you think adafruits products are made in wholesome Western countries?
nope--but I only needed a few of the power-switch things, I was buying other stuff from adafruit and my life is too short to worry about hunting all over the internet and waiting for slow China shipping just to save a few dollars.
>>
>>962655
(continuing)
This is another matter I dislike--the China-direct sellers have invaded Amazon.

When you want the lowest-possible-price and are willing to wait 3-4 weeks, the China-direct sites like Aliexpress great,,,, but there's times when I don't want to wait that long and am willing to pay more for to get an item faster from a US-based seller.

Amazon has this problem now where they no longer makes sellers say where they are shipping from.... With many items you don't get a shipping time estimate until you pay for the transaction.
And that makes me a lot more likely to buy from places like Adafruit and a lot less likely to buy from Amazon.
If I want slow & cheap there is Aliexpress; for fast & expensive there is Adafruit. Or Jameco. Or Digi-Key. Or other separate retailer websites. Without shipper location, Amazon is no longer useful.
>>
>>962655

after checking out this I saw related products; I can get a pack 10 of each M/F, so about $1.25 for each connection

not too bad considering I hope to be able to salvage some adapter plugs that are the same size, and will look for some more when garage sales kick back up

now to look for a splitter...

>>962785
not to mention jacking up free shipping to $49+ without prime

shoot, I can wait....I'm gonna look at aliexpress
>>
>>962411
made to handle huge currents for a narrow market.
way more expensive and way less compatible than regular barreljacks m80.

ebay has what you need op, for less than anyone else.
>>
these are even cheaper than AMZ

if anyone sees any other for less, I'd like to know

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161350835391
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.