[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody here from the following states I'm about to mention?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
Anybody here from the following states I'm about to mention? I would like to buy at least 20 acres within a National Forest that I can build a tiny house or cabin on and be left alone other than traveling to a close by town/city to buy food, get my mail from a post office, etc.

>Tennessee Pros & Cons
+ Close to family. They could easily drive down for a weekend trip any time they wanted.
+ No state income tax and rated the cheapest state to live in.
- Not a lot to hunt besides deer.
- Horrible people. I've driven through the state a few times on trips to Texas and they are shitty drivers with rude attitudes.

>Texas Pros & Cons
+ I've lived there and love the state. Beautiful women and nice people, despite the shitty drivers.
+ No state income tax.
+ Lots of outdoorsmans in the state. Won't be hard to make friends.
+ Football is my life, an football is a religion in Texas.
+ Ton of job oppurtunity in the city if I ever did need to get a job to supplement my income.
+ Also tons to do in the city for when my family comes.
+ It's far but not too far from my family. Could afford to have them come down in the Summer and visit them for Christmas.
- No mountains and hardly any National Forest. Would have to make friends with large private property if I wanted to hunt elsewhere.
- I've read stories and reports of illegal Mexicans living in tarp shelters on people's large land, but it's mostly a South Texas problem.

>Washington State Pros & Cons
+ No state income tax.
+ Beautiful mountains and tons of National Forest to find land in.
+ Plenty of wildlife ranging from deer to moose to cougars.
+ Marijuana is legal, even though I'm not really a stoner.
- Far from family. Doubt I could ever afford to get them here to visit me. Could probably barely afford to travel home for Christmas.
- The Seattle Seahawks bandwagon
- The Starbucks and being a hipster fandom
- Probably the most expensive state to live in of my choices, despite no income tax.
>>
>>960909
>I would like to buy at least 20 acres within a National Forest
>buy acres within a national forest
>buy a national fores
You keep using these words and I don't think you they mean what you think they mean.
>>
>>960921
Is this Facebook or YouTube? Yes you can buy land within (adjacent) a National Forest. Reading comprehension 101.
>>
>>960929
>National Forest
You are not going to own a part of the national forest you ignorant fuck

>National Forests are largely forest and woodland areas owned collectively by the American people through the federal government, and managed by the United States Forest Service, a division of the United States Department of Agriculture.
>>
File: bqYUkT7.png (38 KB, 847x436) Image search: [Google]
bqYUkT7.png
38 KB, 847x436
>>960951

You still can't read can you?
>>
File: tYWnCd8.png (7 KB, 439x151) Image search: [Google]
tYWnCd8.png
7 KB, 439x151
>>960951

And here, since English isn't your first language.
>>
File: a.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>960963
>I would like to buy at least 20 acres within a National Forest
cant communicate with others effectively?
>>
>>960967

Yes, within. Do you not know what within means? I never said I wanted to buy 20 acres of National Forest.
>>
>>960909
You can't move here to WA, because we actually know the definition of "within" here.
>>
>>960971
>1. inside (something)

You are not buying land within a national forest dumbass.
>>
just go to the park and let them know you're interested in buying some land

they legally have to sell it to you because of eminem domain
>>
>>960909
>20 acres within a national forest
This is not going to happen.
>>960929
>within (adjacent) a national forest
Is English your first language? That usage is incorrect for "within"

Maybe you mean something like, "within 10 miles of a national forest". Note how within will refer to the next boundary we define. If all you say is 'national forest,' then you're talking about the inside the national forest.
>>
Yes you can buy land "within" a National Forest. I don't know why this thread is full of retardation. There are still privately owned land within the boundaries of National Forests because National Forests and Parks were formed a century after the US sold land grants to citizens to fund the administration and expansion of the United States.

However, there are still things you have to consider about buying private land within a National Forest boundary. Google and research as much as you can on the Wilderness and Eastern Wilderness Act.

I would personally suggest you buy land that isn't within a National Forest, but a few miles away. You can still do whatever you want with your land without having to follow National Forest rules and the National Forest is always a hike or drive away for your hunting, hiking, or whatever. It would also be cheaper I would assume.
>>
>>960909
I'd do virginia. Its nice and you can always pay someone to get fibre brought out to you
>>
>>960982
>Forest Boundaries

>When you come to visit this forest, you may pass a sign that says "Entering the Daniel Boone National Forest." Once beyond this sign, visitors assume that all the land they are passing through is national forest land. This is often not the case. The Daniel Boone National Forest consists of nearly 708,000 acres within a 2.1-million acre boundary. Ownership is highly fragmented, and visitors often travel in and out of national forest land while on a road, lake, river or trail.

>Property Boundary: National Forest Land Behind this Sign commonly show proclaimed national forest boundaries. However, all land within these boundaries is not national forest land; some is privately owned. The user is cautioned to comply with state law and owner's rules when entering onto private land.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/dbnf/about-forest/?cid=stelprdb5276999
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.