[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wart removal diy/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 2000031854.jpg (7 KB, 103x400) Image search: [Google]
2000031854.jpg
7 KB, 103x400
hey diy/
ive tried removing this wart i have on my thumb with no luck. i've tried many of the diy methods but nothing is working.
recently i got this spray from the drugstore. which freezes the wart. which has seemed to have an effect. the only thing is that its way too expensive.

cant i just use propane/butane? isnt that pretty cold in compressed form(on a can) i dont know if its liquid or not.

anyone else has any experience, advice or any advice it would be appreciated!

>TL;DR can i remove a wart with this (propane/butane 25/75%
>>
File: warts1.jpg (40 KB, 342x198) Image search: [Google]
warts1.jpg
40 KB, 342x198
also this is what it looks like
>>
>>958497
or let me refrase. is there something colder than this, which one can buy at a convenient store?

>inb4 L.Nitrogen. i cant get that in my country
>>
>>958513
Just wrap it in duct tape 24/7.

Or buy a bottle of butane for lighter refilling, it costs a fraction of the price of butane for wart removal.

But seriously, oxygen occlusion therapy works
>>
>>958517
yeah, I've tried that. the thing is its on my lower thumb, and i cant keep a duct tape on my hand for a week.

but ill check out butane lighter filler. tnx
>>
If you are not scared of blood/pain/scarring, a knife does the job. That's how I did mine.
>>
>>959006
yeah i actually did cut mine, but it grew back
>>
>>959006
I've cut off a couple, then put on granulated citric acid paste and bandaged it up for 24 hours.

Sings like shit and it doesn't coagulate well, but it worked.

Or you can just do the easy, cheap, simple approach and stick on a wart removal pad.

http://www.drugstore.com/dr-scholls-clear-away-salicylic-acid-wart-remover-pads-and-discs/qxp14128
>>
Buy surgical tools

Get lidocaine and a syringe
Get something that cauterizes
Try to find some candida antigen that you can inject in before hand.
Then after the wart has had the candida and a week, exciseit or the dead skin around it, inject some lidocaine, then cut the wart and past the base of the wart, then cauterize the hole, and add a bandage to it.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/cautery-machine

http://www.delasco.com/pcat/1/Pharmaceuticals/Candin/Candin/
>>
Home remedy that actually works:

Mix turmeric (yes the spice) with baby oil to form a paste. Apply the paste to the wart and cover with a band-aid. re-apply for about 1-2 weeks and it will go bye-bye.
I've used this method several times.
>>
use tea tree oil on a bandage. I had multiple warts on my leg and they went away fairly quick and doesn't hurt a bit.
>>
>>958497
I once used butane for lighters to remove a wart from my arm, it worked after about 3 times but now I have a wart on my nipple and i don't want to try butane on my nipple. The worst is that i'm not even kidding, this is a true story. So yes, it'll probably work but i would not really recommend it, and i think your doctor would neither.
>>
diy wart removal is a lengthy process.

get an exacto knife and slice off wart until flush with skin. apply an acid or some sort of freezing agent. in a few days you cut off the dying skin. apply more acid or freezing agent. repeat until no more wart.

or you can use a blistering agent like cantharidin, or other.
>>
tnx guys.
>>959190
i realized that butane, and propane only holds arround -4c*
so the last two days ive taken salt and ice cubes and froze the wart manually. it did turn into a blister and when the blister came of it had halved in size.

many good ideas here, and i think im gonna try some if this salt-freezing isn't working. although i think its too deep to cut out
>>
Alright when none of this other stuff works, duct tape the wart, and wait for it to die. Will take several weeks, but super effective. Duct tape starves the cells and they die. Replace duct tape as needed
>>
I had one on my elbow, I just destroyed/picked at it until it went away some day for whatever reason
>>
File: a (55).jpg (49 KB, 625x468) Image search: [Google]
a (55).jpg
49 KB, 625x468
>>958497

Hey op, this is going to sound weird, but I fasted for 3 days. And I really do mean fasting , only water for three days and at the end of it my finger wart shriveled up and didn't come back. I read this thing about how when you're not digesting your body goes into repair mode since its not busy digesting pizza and mountain dew.
>>
>>960193
Wont wearing a fresh bandaid everyday work the same?
>>
>>960190
No dummy, it's not about the temperature of the gas!

It freezes the wart by the gaseous expansion. It'll go pretty fucking cold as long as you keep adding more gas and letting it work.

But yeah someone else said salicylic acid patches, they work pretty good.

If you want to go diy, this is just aspirin so maybe you could somehow crush aspirin tablets and make it into a paste that you keep under a bandage for a week
>>
>>960190
>>960896

The relevant figure is the boiling point of the gas. Minus a small bit more for plain-old evaporative cooling, that's how cold you can get something by dunking it in something else that isn't normally a liquid at room temperature and pressure.

While butane boils at 30.2°F (-1°C), propane boils at -43.62°F (-42°C), which is goin/g to be a lot colder than your ice and salt mix.

Should work, but not as well as nitrogen, which boils at -320.4°F (-195.8°C). Carbon dioxide (read: dry ice) would probably work, too.
>>
>>958497
go to grocery store and either purchase dry ice or ask them if you can have some dry ice from the ice cream delivery truck when it comes.

works
>>
Go to a doctor fucktard. They will freeze the shit right off.
>>
>>958497
Burn it until you get a nice big blister growing. When the blister heals, the wart will be gone.
>>
I got a wart off of my palm one time through a painful but effective process. I sliced as much meat out of it as possible using a razor blade, and you'd be amazed at how bad those things can hurt and bleed. It took a couple of days; I would cut until it bled so bad that I couldn't shave any more off, then let it dry and resume the next day. Finally I had it a good bit below the level of the real skin, and I used one of those compressed air cans for cleaning out keyboards, turned upside down, to blow freezing liquid all over it. Did this a couple of times, hurt like a bitch. When it healed back up, no more wart. That was 5 years ago, and I can't even tell where it was.
>>
Try collodion
>>
>>958497
Why not a keyboard duster? Just hold it upside down and spray on wart.
>>
>>959001
Obviously you put a new piece on ever day/couple hours.
>>
actual advice here: try apple vinegar. (5% vinegar)

always do it overnight:
first, tape 1cm around the wart everything (so that the vinegar only damages the sick skin). then make yourself a little cotton wool ball, that fits the size of the wart. soak that in the vinegar and put it directly on the wart. tape over it (so that your bed doesnt get vinegary) and get to sleep.

always do it overnight, that shit will hurt from time to time, but dont stop till the fucker is gone. it will get dark/black after a few days, and at some point there will be some blood.

important: do NOT scratch it off until it falls off itself. once its off, stop the treatment.

repeat if its coming back.

@freezing: i ve been had 2 small warts on my hand, after freezing them at the doc they both came back twice the size. i tried again and they came back larger than before. only that vinegar shit actually did something. you can google it, there are tons of ppl who tried it.

"apple vinegar wart removal" or smth like that.
>>
>>958497

Here's some info on warts:

Usually they come on pretty suddenly and then one day leave just as suddenly. I got warts on the backs of both hands one year and less than 6 months later they disappeared. Never seem them since. Most people say this is the case.

The only truly effective way of ridding yourself of them is freezing them, but the freezing process produces swelling, and then a piece of skin that falls off. It's gross. So if its a small wart you could just wait and it will almost certainly go away on its on. The freeze stuff leaves scars, and now I have a couple small ones on the backs of my hands.

But anyway, search the web for the stuff dermatologists use then buy it. Whatever the recommended time is, you can almost double it. Really freeze the fuck out of it. Then bandage it up.

Wart science is fuzzy, but some people say Vitamin A or the B Vitamins (i forget) will help get rid of them too.
>>
>>958497
OP if you can find this plant near where you live, you're golden.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelidonium
The sap is orange, if you apply some on the wart everyday it will be gone in 2 weeks.
I had one in my garden and was never worried of warts.
>>
Everything here is just shit.
The best remedy is to apply a paste made out of honey + copper sulfate.
It's the simple chemical used as a fungicide. You'll find it in home and garden stores.
Mix that stuff with honey to create a creamy blue stuff. Put that on the wart and bandage all together. In a few days the wart dies, then it falls off, never to appear again. No pain. It stings a little, before you'll get used to the sensation.
>>
itt: cancer

take it like a man as I did and wait the four years.

Literally went through all these shitty remedies and only wasted my money.

Last summer I was at a stay with some friends in the desert and suddenly I saw one smaller than it originally was. The next day it was gone.
>>
File: wartfoot.jpg (270 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
wartfoot.jpg
270 KB, 576x720
>>958497

OP. Take it from a guy who has tried everything. I did the freezing thing at the doctor... it got a huge blood blister that took weeks to go away. Couldn't walk. And when the blister subsided, the warts had fucking spread like fucking crazy through the blood flow. PIC GODDAMN RELATED. It's a drawing of what it looked like for years.

The way I got rid of them is I would take razor blade and cut in at a 45 degree angle all the way around and yank it out. Try to pull out the root. Then put salicylic acid (Compound W) in there daily to dissolve the flesh. Bandage it well. When the flesh dissolves after several days, rip that old fucking flesh out and start another round of salicylic acid.

Learn from my mistake. I waited years thinking it'd go away and then it got out of control. Took me years to get rid of my disastrous warts but now I'm a fucking man.
>>
>>964146
yeah this.
pick at wart to expose roots
hot water bath
salycylic acid
electrical tape
repeat daily. it will eventually come out as a deep clump of dead tissue. continue to apply for a few more days to make sure its dead.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.