[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eco Paints
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: Different_color_paint-cans.png (532 KB, 679x659) Image search: [Google]
Different_color_paint-cans.png
532 KB, 679x659
Hello guys, do any one of you know how to make eco paints for flags?

its for a protest aggainst oil and fracking
>>
>>957496
Just use regular paint and tell people it's eco-paint.
>>
>>957496
>paints
>flags

don't use paint, cut out and sew.

if you want to use paint i suggest you use water based paint. not oil based paint.

also

>protesting
you realise you are just wasting everyones time and taxpayer money. you should have protested to your representative. if you did then sorry but tough.
>>
>>957498
yes but we wanted to make our own paint, a friend gave me a recipe but it takes almost 50 eggs and the majority of us are vegans so we dont want to use the eggs..

We have been working "with" our governement, we have made a petition and yes :/
>>
>>957499
>majority of us are vegans
why are you using a computer then?
serious question.
maybe if you ate proper food and grew a brain you would understand how stupid you were
>>
>>957499
Just buy water based paint.

You're fucking with me about the vegan shit right?

Damn hippies.
>>
There is actually a bio based paint called milk paint......milkpaint.com.....everything you are asking for. And, made in america
>>
>>957506
They're vegans, lol.

Can't use milk.
>>
>>957510
humans can make milk
>>
>>957502
We're not from america :/
Grow a brain?hippies? if you knew what agroculture is, you wouldnt say that, but this is not what this post is about..

we dont want to buy but make our own :/ this isnt diy?
>>
>>957516
what color do you need?
red - use your own blood
yellow - use your own piss
brown - use your own excrement

veganism is hypocritical by definition
>>
>>957516
>>957496

Charcoal for black, obviously.

Blood covers fabric well, even diluted with water. It's not like losing 10 cc will kill you.

I believe oak (acorns, bark) will give you dark brown/black if boiled in water.

Potassium permanganate dissolved in water will give you anything from pink through purple to almost black. I guess you can just buy it at a drugstore like any sane person would, but you could probably somehow synthesize it from natural materials if you wanna go batshit vegan. Ash from burned fruit trees has a lot of potassium.

Clays are a lot of different colours, ask your friendly leftie geologist what you can expect locally.

Beets for red. Chalk for white.

Why woun't you just buy colored chalk? The kind kids use? I mean, it's rock and pigment (VEGAN AF).

Ochre is a dull yellow and you can get it from ground rocks.

Green - use whatever plant you can.

Do you have any berries around? They're usually blue or red, that's what plants can easily synthesize.
>>
>>957529
its walnut husks that give brown/black pigment, oak may work but it will be a lot more dilute.

>Potassium permanganate
woo don't scare the hippies with chemical names man.
>>
I wonder how many more douchebags have to post here before OP is convinced and eats a steak?
>>
So you admit to deuchbagery
>>
>>957496
Op, what you are asking IS diy material.
Don't let the shitposters run you off.
>>
>>957633
....sometimes.
>>
Here's a fun fact. Some red dyes, especially in food and clothing, are made from a particular bug. Better check your labels, vegans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochineal

For paint, you need pigment and a binder. You can make your own pigment, like those suggested above (particular materials for the color) and add a binder (vehicle).
But for protest signs, just buy the fucking paint from a tube or jar. Making paint is arduous.
Saw "Eco" + paint = Fuck that shit.
>>
File: 1436488250272.png (80 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1436488250272.png
80 KB, 184x184
>>957496
>vegans protesting against oil fracking
Guess you should stop using a computer even
>>
>>958032
why would he do that?
>>
>>957529
>Why woun't you just buy colored chalk? The kind kids use? I mean, it's rock and pigment (VEGAN AF).

Chalk is made of the dead remains of coccoliths, forams, and mollusks. Wouldn't that not be vegan then since mollusks and forams are animals?

>>958355
Because computers are made from precious metals (gotten by mining which can harm the environment and refined using petroleum products) as well as plastics (which is refined from petroleum products). OP is using a product of petroleum to protest...petroleum. This does seem pretty hypocritical.
>>
>>958385
Well, almost everything on this planet bar bedrock and water can be traced to a dead something. We've already estabilished that OP's thinking is rather superficial (not to say pants on head retarded), but the line has to be drawn somewhere...
>>
>>958540
>bedrock
Dead fucking magma
>magma
Dead fucking bedrock

There are no breaks on the crazy train
>>
>>958548
Choo choo
>>
>>957502
Most natural dyes are very pale in comparison with artificial ones. You could use cotton that is grown coloured (genetics..) we have them here in brazil in deep green to dirt red, use red/purple dirt for reds, black is charcoal and another thing that gives red is Urucum or however you call it where you live.
>>
>>958385

OP is using a product of petroleum to protest...petroleum. This does seem pretty hypocritical.

The likelihood of finding anything that has not relied on petroleum to get where it is, is unlikely.
>>
>>957499
Have you tried collecting the blood from your huge vagina? It's a lovely natural shade of liberal pussy.
>>
>>958385
>This does seem pretty hypocritical.

"Down with evil corporations!" - Posted on Twitter for iPhone

Don't worry. These people are immune to the effects of paradox.
>>
>>957639
Fuck off, don't encourage shitposting
>>
water based paint is the answer my loved frienddd!
>>
>>958593
Idiot.protesting fracking and new drilling isnt the same as what your suggesting op is doing.
>>
>>958552
>>958548
So atoms would be what, dead radiation? Dead energy?

Basically reverse ghosts, right?
>>
>>958576
I'm guessing seeing as they're ecoactivists they don't approve of GMOs...
>>
>>958746
OP is trying to find paint which has no petrochemicals involved in its production.

Any ingredients that OP is going to buy to make eco-paint will have been delivered by trucks relying on diesel fuel. Even tap water has been pumped to OP's house using energy derived from fossil fuels. To achieve what OP is going for OP would have to go out into the forest and make paint using primitive technology.

Unfortunately OP has used a computer to research how to do this. A computer produced, transported and operated using petrochemicals and other fossil fuels.

If OP wants to protest fracking, that's fine, but pretending that our society isn't inextricably liked to petrochemicals is asinine. If OP was just protesting fracking then using oil based paint wouldn't be hypocritical, since the majority of oil does not come from fracking.

If OP is saying that using oil based paint would be a problem, that's because they're against all petrochemicals, not just fracking.
>>
lol, anti-fracking
>>
>>958886
not op, but Im surprised that so many people are ok with them.
Just think, only about 50 years ago we treated adhd in a child with a lobotomy performed with an icepick, now we are fucking with stuff on the dna level and releasing it into the wild.
>>
>>958909
you're a boomer, arn't you?
>>
>>957514
But humans are also animals. Its cruel to get a women pregnant to only get her milk.
>>
>>959028
Ants farm aphids faggot.
>>
>>959028
Induced lactation outside pregnancy is a thing.
>>
>>958890
OPs gonna protest whether you like it or not.in pennsylvania where i live fracking is a relevant issue.of late,the protests are coming from the same people who post here making an ass out of OP because the industry is using eminant domain laws to drill and run pipelines.the shit affects everybody in negative ways.most of us just roll with whatever but people like OP feel like trying to help a little.even if others will try to pick apart their reasoning.this doesnt hurt you.
>>
>>957499
I've got a great recipe for paint. The ingredients include veal, foie gras, crude oil, and rhino horn. Want to hear it?
>>
>>957529
Sorry, we can't use charcoal. Some of us consider it cultural appropriation of dinosaurs. Also you can't say "black" as it triggers some of the Melanin Allies in our ranks. Is there a less problematic alternative?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.