[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to build a sleeping bunker ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 22
File: 84083.jpg (211 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
84083.jpg
211 KB, 800x534
I have very noisy neighbors and frequently have trouble sleeping.
- No, talking to them did not help
- Yes, they are drug and alcohol effected degenerates.
- Yes, they are violent and dangerous.
- No, I'm not going to go RAMBO and do anything that could get myself locked up.
- No, the Police and council are not doing anything about it.
- No, I can't move because I have a lease.
- No, I can't stay at a friends house.
- No, I can't afford to sleep at a motel.
- No, I have no money to sue anyone.

Now that that's out of the way, I have thought of a solution to the problem that I need advice for.

I live a short distance from a forest, where I can sleep on the nights its to noisy to do so at my house.
I want to build a shallow "water proof" , "sound proof" bunker about 2.4m long, 1m wide, and 1m deep.
I snore pretty loud, and want to sleep underground to mask the sound. I plan to cover the bunker with mass loaded vinyl(sound proofing) supported with ply wood with a few air holes over the top.

The forest is used infrequently by hikers and cyclists. And sometimes groups of teens go there to drink and do drugs.

Concealing my presence in this way seems like the logical solution to avoiding detection.
I want to avoid detection when sleeping for my safety.

I have a bad back, bad hip, and bad knees.
I will have to do this myself.
I'm patient and can do it slowly over a few weeks.
I might be able to borrow a car.

So I hope I've explained what I'm trying to do well enough, I also hope I can get some good advice as to if this is possible to do with my limited ability's and how to do it cheaply.

Thanks all.
>>
>>956633
Well how do you plan on getting in? Do you want a top hatch?
>>
arson, or planting a faulty one-pot meth lab sounds like a more logical response than fleeing to the woods to simply try and get some sleep

but seriously, surveillance would be a smarter option...get proof of activities and send that to the authorities
>>
>>956633
You're literally going to build a spider hole to sleep in? That's insane.

Re-enforce your doors and windows and wear some earplugs when you sleep.

Oh, and buy a 12ga.
>>
>>956642
OP explicitly said he wasn't going to go Rambo anon.
>>
Seems that sound proofing your bedroom would be cheaper. This with earplugs and an eyemask should keep you pretty comfy.
>>
File: Untitled.png (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
175 KB, 1920x1080
yep easy
>>
>>956645
Normally I'd say that earplugs and an eyemask would be uncomfortable to sleep in, but compared to sleeping in a spider hole in the forest you might as well be at a fucking resort.
>>
>>956644
Owning a 12ga for home defence when you live next to a fucking meth lab is not only perfectly legal, but pretty much a nobrainer.
>>
>>956642
>Re-enforce your doors and windows and wear some earplugs when you sleep.
different anon here, I have shitty neighbors with a shitty dog.
I wear earplugs in my wears, and the over the ear gun range ear muffs to sleep and I still get woken up by that fucking dog. So I know where op is coming from.

Id suggest arson like someone else, but I also like this bunker idea. This isnt a fantasy bunker, op has a real problem here. I hope /diy/ actually supports him. I might do the same thing myself if my problems in life don't get resolved.
>>
>>956653
>>956642
oh also forgot to mention that earplugs are a shitty solution. I wind up wearing them for 8-12 hours at a time and the skin in my ear gets fucked up or something but inside my ears will ache for hours after taking them out.3309
>>
>>956653
Well I sure as hell don't think it's a good idea, but I do hope he builds it and I'll help however I can.
>>
>>956633
Have you considered taking a melatonin supplement to artificially induce sleep? Your neighbors are putting you in sympathetic nervous system with their commotion. That's what's preventing you from releasing the melatonin you need to fall alseep.
>>
>>956633
What country are you in? People break leases all the time. Plead poverty after you move out and stop paying the lease. Say you had to move in with relatives or something.

I learned a lot from my professional deadbeat white trash bros. Do not consider yourself a slave of the system.
Your spider hole idea is absurd, uncomfortable and you won't use it. Put your efforts into making enough money to leave, because your situation won't improve otherwise.

You could build a comfy, silenced sensory deprivation chamber AT HOME to sleep in and that's a fine DIY project. Woods bunkers are something a stupid child would see as a solution.

OTOH various chambers and boxes have been used for many decades. You can include a white noise generator or a sound system if you wish. There are many example designs on the internet, goal being as one gent put it, "amniotic wakelessness".

Happy /diy/ing.
>>
>>956656
Its called pressure. Your body regulates balance and pressure through your sinuses. Blocking your ears for a pro-long period of time fucks with your sinuses, can also cause headaches, migraines and other bullshit. I hate wearing ear protection because of this. I work in a Data Center and it gets really fucking loud sometimes and I put them on when I have to work in one for prolonged periods of times, but afterwards it feels like my ears need to pop and I have air in my head but I cant.
>>
>>956669
Compared to sleeping in a shallow grave though?
>>
>>956670
>Sleeping in a cozy shallow grave in quiet woods
>Sleeping with mega sound blocking headset which still only blocks 80% of noise in a ghetto ass apartment with ghetto ass neighbors of which you can still hear 20% of the screaming, yelling, and pounding on walls, and having a bunch of sketchy people around in general and then probably waking up with a headache or sinus pressure everyday and feeling like your head is going to explode after having only lightly slept several hours.

I don't know, you tell me anon. I'm not sure why everyone is shitting on OP's idea. It's actually legit. Its like a little get-away hide-out location where you can take a pleasant nap in. Nothing bad about that. People go fucking camping ALL the time like its the best thing in the world, which its not. I think a small littler sleep bunker is a lot more comfortable than a tent and a sleeping bag imo.
>>
If you can sleep on your back just get a pair of these bad boys and fall asleep to music.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008POFOHM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
>>
>>956680

>wants to sleep alone, outside, in an isolated spot in the woods
>teens go there to drink and do drugs
>has health problems already

not what I would cal legit
>>
>>956687
His entire situation in general doesn't sound legit. But whatever. Build a hatch OP. make the hatch camouflaged that way people won't see you.
>>
File: cosy neet bunker.jpg (26 KB, 320x157) Image search: [Google]
cosy neet bunker.jpg
26 KB, 320x157
>>956680
pictured here is OPs body 6000 years from now. notice his dirty ramen bowl and soda cans perfectly preserved.
>>
Fuck I feel for you op. I like the idea but I think a sensory deprivation chamber would be easier. Something like a modified pic related with soundproofing. It would save your back at least.

Also buy a gun for when they decide to break in.
>>
File: tumblr_mdiryhOhF61qe30ako1_500.png (219 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdiryhOhF61qe30ako1_500.png
219 KB, 500x365
>>956700
A COFFIN!

seriously, that would be perfect....I should have thought of that earlier...much easier to soundproof ('cause who want to hear the other dead people)
>>
>>956680
>in quiet woods
youve never been in the woods at night have you?
>>
File: ad_141718927-e1406561972433.jpg (104 KB, 665x770) Image search: [Google]
ad_141718927-e1406561972433.jpg
104 KB, 665x770
>>956701
Coffin would be cool but it's this honeycomb thing some anon was trying to make to seduce his sister. I was thinking about making one instead of murdering my neighbors dogs.
>>
>>956633

I live near a forest too. One thing I notice is that there's random, concrete boxes with diamond plate steel doors with locks on them all over the place. They are of different shapes, but many are (very roughly) of a size you could sleep in.

I believe they are for natural gas lines, inspection tunnels, power switching, irrigation, etc, etc.

I would build something like that (people generally ignore them) and spray paint some random, official looking numbers on them, slap on a danger sticker, and there you go.

On one end of the rectangle I'd place another square unit that is connected to the shelter at the bottom. Inside are a series of horizontal baffles that would allow airflow and mask sound. At the top, a steel grate.
>>
>>956705
I almost thought you were me for a second but then I remembered I'm not into honeycombs.
>>
>>956707
I don't think I would say I'm into honeycombs. They only give me a half chub when I fantasize about them.
>>
>>956711
so.. uh, how about them polygons?
>>
degenerates, but you're on 4chan.

How about calling the police?
>>
>>956726

>police show up at door
>"yes, we had a noise complaint"
>[guy thinks...hey, I bet it was anon]
>"oh sorry officer, we'll keep it down"
>waits for cops to leave
>makes even more noise to increase level of a-holeness
>>
OP Here (I'm new around here, OP is Original Poster right ?)

Just got back from cycling and hiking forest recon a few hours ago.

So, I've discovered a few locations that look promising.

By the way, thanks for all the comments, I live in a really nasty suburb south of Brisbane in Australia.

Citizens are not allowed to have guns here, were not allowed to have pepper spray or tasers.

I can't burn the neighbors out, they have kids, its not the kids fault the parents are degenerates.

I'm not doing anything that will end up in court, just my word against a clan/tribe of long time friends who base their bond on alcohol and drugs. I stand no chance, as I live alone and am a loner.

I've been siting in the forest today looking at the ground and tree's, I thin its doable.

- I can arrange for timber to be delivered to my house.
- I can drill and cut everything to size.
- I can pre assemble a wooden plan bunker and test it all works.
- Dissasemble and bundle up what I need
- hire a cheap car over night.
- use the car to transport the bundles (small so I can carry them) to the edge of the forest at night, and conceil the bundles.
- Come back at first light the next day, and transport the bundles of materials to the pre excavated site (one at a time).
- Assemble the structure, and this time use water proofing sealant to seal ALL the wooden joins.

This solution to my problem will give me a tiny little place to get away to where I can get away from the crazy shit that goes down in my area, until my lease is up. I don't want to break my rental lease, cause then i'll have that over my head the rest of my life.

Suggestions and comments welcome all.

Yes, I know its a strange idea, but I'm not exactly a main stream person, I stay at home all the time on my computer playing games, doing linux stuff and watching movies.

I can't MONEY my way out of my situation.

When I can save up a few thousand dollars, i'll buy a van and live in that.
>>
>>956744
are they housing commission?
call their real estate or the housing comission to complain about the level of noise. repeatedly. like every day they do it. a real estate will fuck them off as soon as possible because a bunch of retards playing loud music is not ideal tenant. ideal tenant is someone who only goes home to sleep.

is it logan anon? did you really choose to live in logan? plus side is lots of hot bogan sluts with issues who will fuck you for a ride to mcdonalds at midnight.
>>
OP Here

Sorry, better not say to much about where I live... The internet bogeymen might come looking for me. Have you seen Silence of the Lambs ? "It puts the lotion in the basket, or it gets the hose again !"

Lets just say that poverty has afflicted me with bogans, drunks, addicts for neighbors. I don't drink or do drugs, but I do eat wayyy to much junk food for my own good.

I reported someone to to their real estate agent for loud music 16 years ago at another address, and the agent told them it was me. The dude was just out of prison and it got real serious real fast.

If your not loaded with cash in Australia, no one gives a ****.
>>
OP Here

Not sure how I'm going to dig a hole for the bunker undetected. If someone comes walking along a track they will hear me.

Perhaps I could go in there at last light....
setup a small tent pole frame, and drap it with a black out curtan to block light, and dig it at night.

Man this is starting to sound pretty far out
>>
Are there any campgrounds anywhere nearby?

It's be a lot safer than randomly being out in a forest and a tent would be more comfortable.
>>
>>956751
Digging a hole is surprisingly taxing for people who haven't done that kind of manual Labor before . If you have bad knees and a bad back, and you spend all day eating junk food playing video games you're not going to want to spend six to twelve hours digging a hole in hard packed Australian dirt in the middle of the night.
>>
OP Here

I live in a built up urban environment, the only camping grounds are caravan parks, full to overflowing with bogans, drunks and addicts, not exclusively, but a lot.

As for comfort, I will purcase an air mattress, one that does not go down at 3am in the morning.

Due to my injuries and poor physical condition, I'll dig the hole a little at a time.
>>
>>956756
I had to google bogans since I never heard that term before....loosely translated - redneck.....possibly trailer trash.

I still say give the coffin a try; pretty much an inner box, some sort of padding, and an outer box
>>
>>956753
This was my thought too. It's going to be hard to have air holes and still mask snoring.
>>
OP Here,

I have considered a coffin, but i sleep on my side, they are too small.

I'm very tall.

I had considered all sorts of things like big steel filing cabinets. But the problem is transporting it in secret. And my bad back and its weight.

Yes a bogan is like a red neck or trailer trash.

The area I live in is infested with bogans.

Just a few minutes ago a female bogan walked past my house, almost every word was a curse word. Spoken with slurred speech and proud ignorance.
>>
>>956759
I didn't mean to transport it. Build it in where ever you're staying, and insulate it for the noise.

(We have those kinds of people in america too....except they'd probably throw in racial slurs as well)
>>
OP Here

A box within a box...seperated by padding. good idea. I will experiment with it at home, joined with bolts, so it can be disassembled and altered easy.
>>
>>956760
fug you muhfuggin craka ass craka racist honkey ass bitch
>>
OP, have you thought about the fact that you're thinking of making it on the floor, though? What about when it starts raining.

A honeycomb structure doesn't seem like a bad idea, just have two layers with some insulation inbetween. Also, rather than digging the thing in completely wouldn't it be better to make it half underground, and use the dirt you dig up to cover the top?

Make it look natural by using grass and stuff also.
>>
File: Sleeping.png (12 KB, 534x345) Image search: [Google]
Sleeping.png
12 KB, 534x345
>>956824
Here OP, put my thoughts in an image.
>>
>>956695

Not rancid enough. OP probably weighs 300 lbs and his muscles will be soft and well marbled so the deterioration would be "violent". Fatty meat doesn't preserve well.
>>
Op here

In 78 kg and tall.
If you saw me you'd think im to skinny for my height.

Thanks for the idea of semi burying it. As I was wondering what to do with the dug up earth. I could plant native bush grass on top of it and it would look like a hobit house.
>>
>>956633
>- No, the Police and council are not doing anything about it.
Then why do you think they'll lock you up for it?
>>
>>957074
Hey op,

This design is basically the way to go.
I would use a triangular frame rather than a pentagon, as it would be easier to build and it should provide enough support against the dirt if braced properly.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a job? Do you have any serious computer skills?

Peace and good luck op
>>
>>957100
OP Here

- Its not front page news that someone is using drugs and drinking alcohol in a house with kids around here.
- Its not front page news for their kids to walk around the streets sniffing glue during the day when they should be at school.
- Its not front page news that the council and police do nothing about that.
- While my current financial situation leave's me no place to rent but in the Barbarian area of town, it does not mean I have to become one of them.
>>
>>956826
OP Here

Thanks for the picture anon.
- The outward angled walls are a good idea, I was worried about having the weight of vertical walls of dirt pressing against the structure. I will try to design it so that it has a flat horizontal floor, and all walls angle outwards from vertical.
- There is a LOT of fallen tree's and branches in the forest, I can use that to camouflage the mound.
>>
>>957102
OP Here

Hi anon,
- I work as a volunteer for non profit charity organization.
- My computer skills are ok, I've been sent by the organization overseas to setup win workstations and Linux servers in places where they only get power when they can afford to turn on the generators.
- I'm not a computer genius, I do ok to maintain a work site with a few linux server's and 30 win workstations.
- Without saying to much... I have anxiety related barriers which hold me back from mainstream employment. So I'm not cashed up.
>>
>>956744
>Citizens are not allowed to have guns here

Yes they are, contact the Queensland State Police for the license.
>>
File: noahs-ark.jpg (96 KB, 581x406) Image search: [Google]
noahs-ark.jpg
96 KB, 581x406
>>956826

OP Here

Thinking about anons picture of a hexagon.
It kind of looks like a cross section view of a boat with a triangle roof... or kind of like noahs ark.
Laugh all you like anons, I've attached a related pic.
I think this design is a good one.
>>
>>957111

I'd suggest you look into some of the freelance sites to see if you can pick up a few gigs to get some extra cash. You might surprise yourself...
>>
>>957112
OP Here

Yes, in QLD you can get a license to own a gun. For specific purposes, such as sport, you must have it locked away in a approved safe. Their are other professions that would allow you to own one at home, but look that up yourself.

Here's a few interesting things about defending yourself in QLD Australia.

You can only use a level of force that is being used against you....

So you've woken up at 2am in the morning by a loud crash. You stumble out of bed and are confronted by 2 strangers in your home in the dark. Your glands dump a ton of adrenaline into your blood stream, lowering your IQ by about 90%.
NOW - you have to calmly assess the risk to yourself, your loved ones, your property, and ask the bad men to leave your house.
If any of the bad men are hurt by yourself while you try and remove them, you can be arrested, locked up in jail and sued. AND found guilty of unlawful assault by a judge and imprisoned in a cage with the worst humans on the planet for years.

Check this out : http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/an-assault-on-our-right-to-selfprotection/news-story/f743f8b76f21a586a6efb2396c9b2f8d?nk=3ed6f52aa8a11855c9dae59b57783b01-1457234363

I'll repeat something I posted earlier, in Australia only the rich are safe. If your rich you can hire armed security to shadow your every move, and can buy the lawyers to get out of any problem.
Its not like in the U.S.A where some states allow citizens to open carry guns in public. There are some states in the U.S.A where you can shoot a home intruder dead, fill out some paper work, submit to police interview, perhaps turn up to a bureaucratically required court case, and its over. Your a hero.

Our rights to defend our homes and loved ones have been stripped away from us in Australia.

But I digress, I just want to build a bunker to sleep in.
>>
File: Tomb of the OP.png (9 KB, 658x285) Image search: [Google]
Tomb of the OP.png
9 KB, 658x285
>>956633
Buy 2 clean, used 55 gallon water drums. Those blue plastic ones or the metal gray or green ones I think. Cut the top off one and cut the bottom off the other. Bolt them together to make a 2-barre; long tunnel. Use silicon to seal the joint between the barrels and wrap it many times with duct tape to help keep water out. Lay the barrel-tunnel on its side, fill it with soft bedding to level out the bumps and dips, hop in and have a sleep. Make sure to put something over the opening so windy rain doesn't get in. If you bolt some hinges on it you can make a door (have holes for ventilation). Note that the metal ones will be much easier to sleep in since their sides are much straighter.

You can dig out a bit of hillside and bury your sleep barrel tunnel. Do not cover it with more than 6 inches of soil (you don't want to create a tomb).

>The forest is used infrequently by hikers and cyclists. And sometimes groups of teens go there to drink and do drugs.

No matter what you do or how you hide it, people WILL find it. Humans in a small area are like a kicked ant hill. They walk all over the fucking place and go everywhere.

Your best solution is to make sound proof sleep box in your home. Just make sure it has proper ventilation. Just putting up some foam board insulation on the windows/walls at night may be all you need.
>>
>>957128
OP Here

Can you recommend some ?
>>
File: blade_of_grass_2298_b.jpg (191 KB, 800x557) Image search: [Google]
blade_of_grass_2298_b.jpg
191 KB, 800x557
>>957136
I think australia or new zealand would be nice places to live and had often considered moving there.
A while ago I looked into the laws there and all I could say is what the fuck.
iirc the NZ laws for gun ownership were basically if you are a police officer, have a farm you're allowed a rifle, or a competition shooter with X years membership. And you have to keep the gun and all ammo locked up in separate places in your house.
Allot of the laws there are fucking ridiculous.

also pic related
>>
>>957141
This made me wet. I think I'd want to get a fiber impregnated resin though.
>>
>>957139
OP Here

This is a great Idea.

I did think about sound proofing my room, and discovered mass loaded vinyl while researching the subject.

I admit its a much easier project. And I'm often swayed from doing it at home and making something in the forest.
I love the idea of a forest hideaway, cause it gets me OUT of the war zone in body AND in mind.

I can build a small sound proof sleeping chamber at home and try it there first. I'll design it so its all bolted together, can be reassembled. And assess the effectiveness and if its worth the trouble to transport it piece by piece to the forest, and dig the hole.
>>
>>957141
>tfw I live in America, own a few fire arms, have ammo in just about any random drawer in the house and don't exactly know where a few of the loaded firearms are located since I don't use them that much.

I keep a loaded .30-30 right next to the shitter too. With extra ammo under the toilet paper dispenser.

No joke.
>>
>>957148
Just remember that if you are going to cover it with soil, reinforcing the barrels is a good idea. So some boards across the top of the hole to help keep most of the weight off would be best. Less soil would be better obviously. Remember wet soil is super heavy even a few inches.
>>
>>957149
I'm also an American, I know you're serious.
>>
>>957154
I think it is because I consider guns just another tool. Like having a screwdriver in every random drawer.
>>
>>957160
I know anon.
>>
File: homer gun.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
homer gun.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>957190
>>957160
>>
ok so you live in logan.
just build a tree house man
>>
>>956732
document the police calls, then call the police again and document the noise complaint.
>>
Buy a van and put a bed in it with some other shit like clothes and storage. Problem solved.
>>
>>957275
Take a room, block out the windows(preferable without windows), get cheap wood and build non-structural walls all around, use either dry wall or foam board to make walls, use foam peanuts to fill void between walls, get egg carton shaped materials for lining said new walls and ceiling. Make frame and insulation board below and above said frame for flooring, use thick wood if possible. Make ceiling framing and fill that too with foam peanuts and foam board. Take area between your neighbors and yourself, if you have at least 20 feet of property between each other you can build on and don't have to worry about it being fined, torn down. Make several five foot long concrete sections to secure 4x4 poles 8 feet high. Put metal paneling on one side(facing neighbors) and wood shingles facing your side, fill them with waterproof packing peanuts or filler. Stagger them so that there is an overlap at least two of them wide.

Now you have a busy road/stadium noise wall and sound insulated room in your home. And if you decorate/plant enough vines on those sound barriers, you can claim them as a private vineyard / decorative installation.
>>
>>957278
Stagger them so that there is an overlap at least two of them wide AND DEEP.
>>
>>957275
>Buy a van and put a bed in it with some other shit like clothes and storage. Problem solved

OP Here,

Ok this is the best long term solution.

I'm planning on buying a small truck, like a toyota dyna with a 3m long 2m high 2m wide body on the back.

That will be me.

I did another recon in the forest this afternoon.

I found a sqaure excavated pit, kind of like what I'm going to do not far from the spot i've picked out.

Pics are on my phone, and I don't have the necessary cables, so can't upload pics. Had a look at android apps that claim to enable connection to windows share, but they ask for way too much invasive access to my phone. main reason I don't have many apps is all the privacy invasion.
>>
>>957284
cant you just upload them from the phone in a post to this site?
>>
>>957288
Or upload to imgur and download to your PC?
>>
>>957290
or bluetooth, most pcs have bluetooth now.
>>
email 'em to yourself
>>
>>957149
We used to have loaded .22s and .223s next to every window facing the garden (4) so that if you saw a squirrel stealing tomatoes you could just grab a gun and pop it, in a house with 4 kids
>>
File: 20160306_171353.jpg (178 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
20160306_171353.jpg
178 KB, 450x600
OP Here

Sorry took a while to get back to this, here are the pics of the OTHER excavation I discovered near my chosen site.

Near the other excavation
>>
File: 20160306_172137.jpg (165 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
20160306_172137.jpg
165 KB, 450x600
Closer
>>
File: 20160306_172117.jpg (170 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
20160306_172117.jpg
170 KB, 450x600
Closer..
>>
File: 20160306_172207.jpg (187 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
20160306_172207.jpg
187 KB, 450x600
Sorry, got the first two mixed up.
>>
File: 20160306_172210.jpg (187 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
20160306_172210.jpg
187 KB, 450x600
>>
File: 20160306_172213.jpg (188 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
20160306_172213.jpg
188 KB, 450x600
>>
File: 20160306_172216.jpg (179 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
20160306_172216.jpg
179 KB, 450x600
>>
File: 20160306_172233.jpg (174 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
20160306_172233.jpg
174 KB, 450x600
Here's the last one I took.
>>
>>956633
Swat their ass? Make it look like you think they are dangerous and armed and don't know what you are talking about so you can't get your ass fined/jailed.
>>
>>957997
This. OP talks about how strict gun laws are.

Make a shitty zip gun, clean it of fingerprints. Toss in their yard. Call cops from burner cell to say you saw it when walking past. If they're really trash, they'll take it inside with them to use for illegal purposes.
>>
>>957997
Also forgot to add that while digging underground structures seem very logical, easy and neat in our heads it is very messy, time consuming and frustrating operation even for those who have the tools and knowledge. For you alone to do anything will be hell. Always think aboveground before betting on underground.
>>
>>957284
Hi OP, this guy here checking in after 2 days
>>956826

Looks like you've done some searching around. The soil there seems quite difficult to dig into, however. I'd also avoid any place that has big fallen trees (since they can potentially be benches for people walking around, thus increasing the chance they will find your hideout).

Perhaps digging out a piece in a hill like someone else mentioned might be a good idea. Please please make sure the water has free flow if it happens to be pouring rain, though. Just so you don't get caught in a mudslide.

Looking forward to hearing more.
>>
Op here.

I spoted this excavation from a small unofficial track cause the piles of earth stand out against the colour patterns of the bush. I think someone else abandoned this spot cause they were discovered.

Its visible from the track but the track cant be seen from the excavation. A stark lesson im learning that someone else paid for. I will have to remove dug up soil far enough away to remove relevant curiosity.

I really love the idea of joining barrels. But how would I get them to the site ? I'd need a wheel barrow or trolly. It would be hard.
>>
>>958292
post pics before you are kill
>>
File: Capture.png (346 KB, 1695x812) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
346 KB, 1695x812
Op, I think your being more than a bit rash.
>>
>>956633
Just buy a fucking tent?
>>
>>956644
Going Rambo would imply getting automatic weapons, oiled muscles, a bandana, and a shitload of murderous intent.

Buying a twelve gauge shotgun to blast away a motherfucker who decides to practice murderous intent upon you or your family is *not* "Going Rambo", despite what all you far left cucks want to believe.
>>
>>958398
>12 pack
>is actually on 6 items

I hate these fucking shits that do this on amazon.
>>
i am not advising a pedophile, rapist, kidnapper, all the above build his fucking headquarters.
>>
>>958565
I dont get it, how is their math working?
>>
Sleeping on the ground is shit, slepping IN the fucking ground is......I don't even know.

Get or make a nice fuckin hamock with a tarp top.
>>
Op those degenarate bastards are probably lowering your property value. Just go rambo
>>
Have you tried asking >>>/out/ for advice with ideal outdoor locations? Might be good to get input from them.
>>
I'd be inclined to sort the noise problem out, instead of sleeping in the woods but that's just me.
>>
>>959728
Not even just innawoods

Innawoods in an illegal, poorly constructed spider hole in an area frequented by drug taking teenagers.

A spiderhole which OP, a NEET neckbeard 4chan user with no experience with manual labour who suffers from medical conditions that affect his knees and back, will have to dig by hand, at night, in secret, in the hard-packed clay-like dirt of the Australian bush, based on vague and contradictory instructions relayed to him by an anonymous image board.

Good fucking luck and God speed OP.
>>
>>956633
>local man crushed to death in bizarre forest tomb
>autoerotic ritual suspected, parents of deceased decline to comment
>>
>>956644
And building a secret bunker in the woods isn't "going rambo"?
>>
>>957931
I think you found graves out there buddy. My vote is for soundproofing a spot inside your house and upgrading your locks at least
>>
>>958565
It's 12 individual tiles. You'd only stick them to a wall singly, not double thickness.
>>
>>958737
Geeze man, not every Australian is Fritzl
>>
>>957141
NZer here. We need a firearms licence and approved storage, which is actually pretty simple. That'll get you hunting rifles and shotguns. For pistols you have to belong to a pistol club. For military style rifles theres some other criteria.
>>
Rent a backhoe

Dig a large enough square hole

Reinforce the hole with either wood or cinderblocks

If your going with the cinderblock
Look up how basements are made

If wood look how old mine tunnels

Use treated wood n paint it
seal the blocks

Build how ya want your sleeping area how ya want

Add either a bunkertop or a shed

Rember to add a vent tube

Ads small 12 volt computer fans one to pull air one fof exhaust

You can put a small gendrator on top to power stuff
watch for the fumes
>>
>>957997
>Swat their ass?

This. If the local cops aren't doing anything, report (anonymously) to the state/feds. And complain that local cops and town council pull up at all hours to buy drugs from these people.
>>
>>956633
For some reason your post made me remember a anecdotical story one old man told me
>One of the main drinking places for teens during soviet occupation was cemetery
>Said man drank beside one of the recently buried graves with his friends in the evening
>One of his friend got completely waisted and passed out
>they lay the poor guy on top of the grave and completely covered him with flowers and bouquets from grave and left him there as a joke for him
> around midnight another pack of teens with a few girls came to to drink in the cemetery and decides to drink in the same place
>time passed and said teens got a little tipsy and louder
>the guy lying on top of the grave sobered up a little, woke up and tough that its his friends having fun beside him
>one of the guys yells ''who wants some more vodka?''
>''me'' replies guy the guy sitting up in grave
>>
>>956633
another thing that might work is active noise cancellation. All you would need is a mic outside to pic up the noise, a speaker in your room to play anti-noise, and a small computer to run the whole thing.
>>
>>960272

you could even buy some hard stuff from the internet and deposit it in their yard?
>>
>>960544
You would also have to run a lag-compensation plugin for this to work. Lining up the nodes of the waves would require a lot of trial and error.
>>
>>960544
the thing used to make cars quiet?
That would need a consistent sound for it to be cancel-able. Neighbor noise is more random and spontaneous. I don't see this working.
>>
>>959792
>not every Australian is Fritzl
fritzl is austrian you fuck
>>
>>959789
This op, call the cops and let them do the work.
Theyll probably use some cool ground penetrating radar to save a ton of work, but you should report the bodies.
>>
What happened to the NEET who was going to dig a cave under his parents house as "an insurance policy"? I was monitoring that thread for lols.
>>
>>956705
>some anon was trying to make to seduce his sister.

wat
>>
>>960855
That's the joke
>>
>>958027
Canadian here... we can't even buy ammo anymore without licences. Still lots of freedom here compared to Australia. If you're sane and all you can get some very serious weapons but you can only hunt with basic rifles or shot guns. You can own very similar guns but if they look like an AR-15 or otherwise "scary" they are not allowed. You can get a special collector's licence or own deactivated weapons. It sucks I want a Luger like the one my Grandfather took off a German officer he killed during the Italian campaign... not really an option for me. :(

OP Auzzie I would live in a van forsure. its not an option for me I live in the actual Canadian Arctic frankly sleeping outside sucks its either winter or the sun is shining 24/7. If I were Aussie or Yankee I'd live in a van forsure! FREEDOM!
>>
>>960853
>hat would need a consistent sound for it to be cancel-able
Not at all. Like I said, you have a mic, a speaker, and a computer. The computer basically just needs to take the input noise from the mic, apply some kind of filter to invert it, and output it on the speakers. The whole system could probably run off a Raspberry Pi or Arduino.

>>960851
good point. The major sound source is coming from one house, which might make things easier, but it might still take a bit of tinkering.
>>
>>960978
Wouldn't that only work for sounds coming from one direction? I mean logically it could only cancel sounds if they hit the microphone before they hit the speaker, and even then they would only be properly in phase if the source was lined up with the microphone and speaker.

For true omnidirectional sound cancellation you would need an array of microphones and some low latency processing software to determine directionality and avoid feedback. You'd also need either an array of speakers, or a set of headphones (ideally with position tracking).
>>
>>960978
has this been done before?
In such a tight space you would need to take input, process the inversion, and out put through a speaker faster than the speed of sound. The biggest advantage you could get would be to put a microphone on the edge of your property just so you could have fractions of a second longer to process it all and output the difference.
>>
>>960994
This seems like it would be ridiculously difficult.

OP, how is your cave coming along?
>>
>>956633
Why not build a sound proof box in your bedroom to sleep in?

I have the same problem and have considered the same
>>
>>961869
inb4 OP was killed by druggies wandering the woods
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.