[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any ideas what I can do with this ammonium sulfide?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
Any ideas what I can do with this ammonium sulfide?
>>
>>955853
Smell it. All. Now.
>>
>>955855
I actually don't mind the smell. Of one anyway. I've never smelled this many. Can I die?
>>
>>955853
are those permanently sealed glass containers?
>>
>>955864
Yeah
>>
They are called ampules noob.
>>
>>955865
I dont know what to make of this.
Why would someoem permanantly make a sealed canister of ammonium sulfide?
what are they used for?
how does one use these without dealing with glass shards getting in places that you dont want them?
>>
>>955853
Look up how to make stink bomb
>>
>>955891
It smells absolutely awful, so it has to be kept sealed like that. It's also a volatile gas, so contamination can cause it to decompose into ammonia and H2S, both of which also stink.

As for how you're supposed to get it out, you basically put it in a fume hood, get gloves on, and break it with a hammer. Or you have a special apparatus that can pierce it somehow, but the ampule would be specifically designed for the apparatus in the first place, and I'm doubting OP has said apparatus. As for glass shards, chances are if you're going the hammer method you really don't give a shit about the glass. You can just decant/filter it off.
>>
>>955891
These are sold as a prank. A stink bomb. You can for example, wrap it in a paper towel, and step on it and people lose their minds. It's fun at work.
>>
>>955891
This sealing method is used for injectable medication all the time. It is the best way of keeping oxygen from getting in. (or in this case the chemical getting out) It makes sense that they use it for chemicals as well.

They are really easy to open, you score the glass and you can snap it of with no shards forming except for the top you just snapped off.

The only drawback is that they are not resealable, this is not a problem in the case of medicine since they are single use anyway. In this case it has stinkbom written on the label so it makes sense that they can not be sealed.

>what are they used for?
read the label it literally says stinkbomb.
>>
>>955896
who the fuck uses a hammer? You use a glass knife on the constricted part and crack it. It separates cleanly into two pieces of you do it right.
>>
>>955952
People on diy are 12 year Olds who watch Mythbusters so yeah...
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 260x194
>>955952
>glass knife
Like this?
>>
File: Ampule-Cutter.jpg (135 KB, 451x301) Image search: [Google]
Ampule-Cutter.jpg
135 KB, 451x301
>>955962
Not >>955952 but it actually looks like this, you use it to score the glass to make a clean break.
>>
>>955896
>It's also a volatile gas, so contamination can cause it to decompose into ammonia and H2S,
I like the concept of the container, I cant imagine how much of a pain in the ass it is to manufacture like that though.

>>955918
huh, seems kinda overkill for a prank

>>955920
>injectable medication
That sounds kinda sketchy. I'm sure there hasn't been a single reported case of this, but all I can imagine is the glass shattering weird and a little peice of glass falls into the medicine, then gets injected into someones vein.
similar to when heroin addicts get cotton in their vein.
>read the label it literally
it didnt apear legible the first time I looked at the picture.
>>
File: stinki12.jpg (167 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
stinki12.jpg
167 KB, 800x600
Check it
>The "Stink Master 2000" is a breech loading pump action slingshot crossbow that can shoot a stink bomb 80 to 100 meters
>>
>>955853
Looks like a great shape to stick up your butt.
>>
>>955981

HOLY FUCK SOURCE
>>
I used to use these all the time in high school, people would lose their shit about the smell.
>>
>>955984
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwy1gHnX6HA

http://slingshotchannel.blogspot.com/2012/11/stink-master-2000.html
>>
>>956007
I know right. I would be all calm while everyone else acts like it's mustard gas. It's like if you know the source it isn't as bad or some such.
>>
>>956028
And now there's shards of glass everywhere.

Well done dipshit.

Fuck I wish I grew up in grandads time
>>
>>956110
>implying there wouldnt be shards of glass everywhere else some retarded 14 year old throws these
>>
>>955853
sell it to a meth cook
>>
>>955853
BREAK ONE IN THE POOPER! ITS THE ONLY WAY TO PLEASE THE GODS.
>>
>>955972
>That sounds kinda sketchy.
Not sure if anything replaced the ampules (most likely not), but these were the norm at least a few years ago for single dose injectable medicine (and a few other cases).
See the narrow neck? That's where you score it and then just snap the top. It always snaps perfectly clean, won't even cut you. Most come prescored too.

Now the old style ampules... Those were messy. They had a smooth long taper all the way and would sometimes get glass shards, especially if not scored right.

Source: mother's a nurse + had far too many visits to hospitals
>>
>>956567
Ampules aren't used much any more in a medical setting, but not because of the glass... it's because "ampule" as a measurement is imprecise. Crotchety old docs will place an order for one ampule of SuperDangerousMedicine, but oh hey, the supplier changed last month and they're 125ml instead of 100ml now, better call the morgue!

Electronic medical records have made a big dent in this problem because a lot of them won't let the order be entered into the computer without an actual unit. Doc bitches and moans, nurse tells them it's not the 70's any more, life goes on...
>>
>>956572
Pretty sure SuperDangerousMedicine is always prescribed in exact measurements, no matter the container. Hell, everything is here, including plain vitamins.
Have to throw away the remainder if you're not using everything though.
>>
>>956591
I wish that were true in every case.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080101093858.htm
Dosing is hard enough when you have actual numbers... let alone with this shit.

Granted, that link's a bit old, but its the first one I found. It's not as much of a problem as it once was.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.