[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4chan homebrew beer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: 0227160915.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
0227160915.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
Dear 4chin
I recently purchased a good quantity of beer making ingredients but forgot what type I was making. So here is your chance to to help me brew some quality 4chan homebrew "Much Wow" I will post the ingredients and you post the quantities to make a five gallon batch. I am in possession of two carboys so we could make two batches and I will post every step up to a complete beer. Comeon guys lets do this!!!!
Note: I will not put any piss, poop, or cum in this recipe
>>
File: 1456586387546-1567503557.jpg (985 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1456586387546-1567503557.jpg
985 KB, 2560x1600
Malts and grains only haveone kind of yeast will post list
>>
File: 14565864786201794252420.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
14565864786201794252420.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
Hops
>>
Liquid Malt Extract
9lbs sparkling amber LME
3lbs CBW golden light LME

Dry Malt Extract
3lbs Briess CBW golden light DME
3lbs Muntons Plain Extra Drak DME

Grains
1lb Muntons Crystal
1lb Crisp Pale Chocolate

Yeast
safale s-04

Hops 1oz pkgs
New Zealand Pacific Gem, New Zealand Cascade, Chinook, German Hallertaur Hershbrucker, American Centennial, American Golding, Pilgrim, German Perle

Mix Away
>>
>>953279
If there is no piss poop or cum its not a fourth chan beer
>>
File: Homebrewmen.jpg (186 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Homebrewmen.jpg
186 KB, 600x600
>>953279
Monitoring thread.

Haven't seen a good homebrewmen thread in ages.
>>
File: tumblr_m4tl5wIxV31qj9xud.jpg (33 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4tl5wIxV31qj9xud.jpg
33 KB, 500x282
>>953280
>extract
>>
>>953279
sugar and bread yeast.
I don't get it. why did you buy random shit with no recipe?
why did you buy malt and malt extract? you use one or the other.
>>
>>953379
Had a recipe but I loose it, and because amazon prime had some cheap ingredients and every once in a while I get blackout drunk while shopping and two days later get a buttload of crap that shows up on my doorstep. When I stared out i was thinking about a pilsner and a porter, but a hybrid of that would be nice.

Some of the best five galion kits I've bought mix dry and liquid. I just need amounts for five gallons will mix what you come up with.
>>
>>953393
>get blackout drunk and dont remember spending all the money
perhaps a 12 step program is more important right now
>>
>>953394
Man if you don't drunk Amazon, you aren't living
>>
>>953394
Thanx Dr fill, its a known fact that a brewer can't be an alcoholic because its like a job, and alcoholism is a sign of a great brewer who is just doing a job well done.
>>
>>953403
No poop please
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>953403
The carboy opening is 2 inches in diameter and my asshole is 4 inches in diameter, it would slip right in and I would be the new glassass, considering this on livestream if no one comes up with recipe.
>>
Hi OP, make something that tastes like Hoeggarden. I like how this one tastes.

Alternatively, make something like Samuel Smith's Organic Strawberry Fruit Beer

If you could make either one of these, then you would most definitely be happy with it!
>>
>>953279
>mous 02/28/16(Sun)14:40:31 No.953896▶
>Hi OP, make something that tastes like Hoeggarden. I like how this one tastes.
>Alternatively, make something like Samuel Smith's Organic Strawberry Fruit Beer
>If you could make either one of these, then you would most definitely be happy with it!

Assuming these ingredients were bought for one beer, It looks like a really strong black IPA or a Hoppy Strong/Scotch Ale, but your grain doesn't really match the hops for any classic style

I'd mash in with your grain, remove the grain then get your boil going, throw in the malt extract. Throw it all in, youll end up with a high OG. THen:

Hallertauer 60min
Perle and Golding 30 min
Pilgrim at 5 min
Pacific Gem at flame out

SO-4 will get to 9% abv if you give it enough time. Make sure you make a yeast starter with any high gravity beer. Keep the carboy on the cooler end (~60F) for the first two days and if she's fermenting well, leave it there. If not, bring the heat up to 70 for a day then bring it back down to 63-65.

When it seems like fermentation stopped, cycle the temperature from warm to cool for a few days and you might get an extra percent out of it.
>>
>>953896
>Strawberry Fruit Beer

Why can't you just have a cocktail or something else that would fit that flavor profile better instead of fagging up beer?
>>
File: seinfeld_rect.jpg (131 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld_rect.jpg
131 KB, 660x440
Brewing noob here. Is it completely full-retard to buy a 5-gallon extract kit for a first-time brew?

I already have all the hardware lying around, I just don't know enough about doing my own malt or whatever, but spring break is next week for me and I'll finally have some time to shit around and actually try making my first brew.
>>
>>954521
Stick with the kits for a bit until you get the general idea of which ingredients go best with each type of beer. Then you can either copy the recipe to get the same results or you can venture out and find a beer clone recipe of a beer you like. The basic ingredients of any beer are malt extract (dry powder or liquid) yeast, hops, water, and sometimes flavor enhancers like wood chips or extracts of vanilla cherry ect. The kits will give you exact temperatures and times to add ingredients when you boil them. But in the long run if your going to brew alot s to order mass quantities of ingredients you like to save monies.
>>
I made some somewhat authentic nordic mead by heating up a bit of water, adding in honey, putting it in a container, and then putting in some raisins and strawberries for yeast. I mixed it every once in a while with a wooden spoon, and just let it hang out and get natural yeast.

After a week or so, it was ready to drink. Didn't taste too bad, but I think I messed up the honey to water ration as I didn't really measure it. Going to get some more honey eventually and try again, but just haven't yet. Didn't sanitize anything and just let everything go.

Not bad.
>>
>>953896
>Hoeggarden
My niggah. Drank that shit all the time for a year or two when I was still NEET.
>>
>>954889
is this a legit method?, putting stuff in there and hope for the best for yeast, how do you know if what grows there is not poison?

I have a good source of honey and would like to try
>>
Rofl thats a load of bull shit ive been brewing mead for 3 years now and it need at least 3months of yeasting and a full year of streching before mead is close too drinkeble noth to mind the horrid taste of 100% water honey mix . Try cinnamon vannile and apples for your first try tough its the easy one and tastes like liquid applepie
>>
>>955763

It's legit, and having made it over a year ago I didn't die from drinking it.

>>955791

I think you're using a modern way, but I had read about how the scandis would not have let it go for long so I didn't either. You are right though, it wasn't the best stuff in the world and was pretty watered down. Still drinkable, and kind of tasted like strawberries. I will make it again and let it go longer, but it was just an experiment.
>>
>>955763
>legit?
I've never hear of that being done on a homebrew scale nor with mead, though I know there are some breweries in belgium that brew beer without adding anything to their wort - they just wait for yeast from the air to infect it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.