[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lens/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: CAM00659.jpg (283 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
CAM00659.jpg
283 KB, 1200x900
I always been stashing away various lenses Ive came across, but can you actually do something fun and interesting with them, besides burning ants?
Pic related is what I have (only the tiny black one is diverging lens)
>>
oh and I also have three fresnel lenses + the triangle head assemblies from an overhead projectors
>>
>>952708
Layer them all and see what sort of magnification - or death ray - you end up with?
>>
>>952708
Burn ants
>>
build a camera
>>
>>952708
make some interesting decorative lights
>>
>>952708
i use a bunch of them myself to change the power of my webcams. mostly to get closer. put them on clips sos i can take them off easily.
>>
>>952710
Hahaha my first thought was, did you grab a free big screen off craigslist. I have a few of those lenses sitting on my kitchen table right now.

What brands of tv did you get and how are the fresnel lens? Mine was a mitchibitchi and I'm disappointed the light spot only goes down to a thin rectangle and not a smaller circle.

The heavy glass lens is an awesome paperweight at the very least. Oh and is there a liquid or something inside the rest of the projector parts? On mine it says don't take off colored screws because of a liquid or something.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.