[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I don't know if you're familiar with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Hey guys
I don't know if you're familiar with the world of music so I'm gonna make it simple. I bought a new mic for my strat and need to make the bottom cavity larger in order for it to fit in. I don't own a router and asking a profesional to do it would be commiting economic suicide for me.
So I was wondering how risky it would be to chisel the hole considering the fact that the wood is varnished
I hope you can help me DIY guys !
>>
>>951719
Don't have to know much about music to know that you are retarded for wanting to put a mic on a solid body instrument.

Why don't you just install a new pickup OP?
>>
>>951721
That's what I meant by mic (the humbucker in the pic is the pickup we're talking about)
>>
>>951719
Seems like a bad idea even if you had a router. If you dont care about the guitar just go for it and never look back. Worst case it'll sound and look like shit and you'll have to fix it more.
>>
>>951719
If you use painter's tape to mask off the area around the cavity, you might be able to sand the finish inside down without chipping, in order to prep for chiseling it out. It's a strat, though, so all of this is under a pickguard anyway, so I'd just go for it with a chisel. If the finish chips in a way that's somehow visible outside the pickguard, a refinish isn't the hardest thing in the world. Alternatively, you can think of it as being "reliced".
>>
>>951725
Oh, well I guess I just don't know anything about music and you didn't simplify it enough.

You are truly retarded.
>>
>>951748
I might have simplified it too much and I didn't expect someone to be retarded enough to think of puting a real microphone in an electric guitar
>>951729
Well it'll all be hidden under the pickguard and the accoustics of the body dont influence the sound that much on a strat
>>
>>951736
Sanding the finish might actually take care of a lot of my worries, Now I'm just afraid of cracking the wood with the chisel
>>
>>951750
>I might have simplified it too much and I didn't expect someone to be retarded enough to think of puting a real microphone in an electric guitar

Tons of complete and utter retards post on here.
I saw a thread recently, someone was afraid of using a fucking chisel.
>>
>I know you are all complete and total retards who don't know anything about music, so I'll speak really slowly and use easy to understand words.

>what voltage is middle C?
>>
>>951750
Not him but nobody calls a pickup a mic, it doesn't make him retarded for not knowing what you meant when you used the wrong word, dipshit.
>>
>>951765
Fuck that was pretty funny anon
>>
>>951719

>don't know if you're familiar with the world of music

>mic for my strat
>>
>>951719
buy or borrow a router, and do it right. trying to do it with a chisel will suck, take forever, and look shitty. you can protect the finish from the router by taping off all the areas you won't be cutting, just don't overlap the tape anywhere.
>>
File: 9494874568.jpg (32 KB, 204x263) Image search: [Google]
9494874568.jpg
32 KB, 204x263
>>951719
>mic
thinking people are this dumb
>>
>>951977
Spoken like a man that's never used a chisel before... You scared of using a chisel, anon?
>>
>>951719
Hey OP
I don't know if you're familiar with the world of carpentry so I'm gonna make it simple.no

and what the fuck are you buying a pickup that doesn't fit the cavity for?
>>
Just buy a single coil pickup reet.
That or one of those meme humbucker in a singlecoil package seymour duncans.
If you can't get the right pickup for your strat you sure as hell dont know enough to modify a guitar. Unless your a guitar jesus carpenter guy. And even if you where you'd still destroy the laquer on it, so a respray would be mandatory.
>>
File: ae235.jpg (40 KB, 587x290) Image search: [Google]
ae235.jpg
40 KB, 587x290
Hey OP
I don't know if you're familiar with the world of tools so I'm gonna make it simple. You're going to need an electric screwdriver and some flathead bits.
I hope this helps OP!
>>
>>952122
>>...flathead bits. Posts obvious picture of chisels...

Don't listen to this troll, OP.
>>
>>952148
They're not chisels what are you talking about
>>
>>952148
Actually, those are "Spade bits", idiot. A chisel is quite different
>>
>>952151
I guess you're going to tell me that's actually an electric screwdriver, instead of the palm sander that it so OBVIOUSLY is, huh? Damn if this isn't the trollingest bunch of guys on this whole site!
>>
>>952149
Sometimes the pretty picture isn't the only part of a post, anon.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.