[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My bf punched a hole in the bedroom door of our rental. We're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: Photo on 2-23-16 at 8.18 PM.jpg (145 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2-23-16 at 8.18 PM.jpg
145 KB, 1080x720
My bf punched a hole in the bedroom door of our rental. We're moving out soon and want to repair it in a way that will leave it looking pretty good. It's a shitty apartment so very slight discoloration is okay and wont stand out- just want it to look good. It's made of a crappy, lightweight cardboard material.
>>
It's looking like a $40 hollow core door is going to be cheaper than repairing it with mesh, spackle, and paint considering id have to buy all those.
>>
That IS crappy. But I honestly suggest you just have the super do it. Renting sucks, but one of the only benefits is that broken shit isn't your problem.
>>
>>951364
Replace the door you scum. You signed a contract to either not break shit or fix it if you do.
>>
>>951367
That's not an option for various reasons that aren't relevant to the thread.

>>951368
?????
Have you been drinking? Read the thread again lmao
>>
>>951364
Lmfao, bf can't punch right through.
Try filling it with polyurethane foam (The foam in a spray can).
Once it's cured you can cut it flush and paint over it.
>>
Replace boyfriend by ISO approved one, or return it if the warranty is still valid.
>>
>>951381
that's a pretty good idea. thank you

>>951385
kek
>>
>>951364
Paintfag here.
Spackle = $6 - 8
Paint = 1 gallon semi-gloss Swiss Coffee, $20 - 25
Mesh tape = ~$6-8
Spatula (to spread spackle evenly) = $2 - 4
Paint brush = $4 - 6
Total cost = $40 to 51

Remember, whichever route you take. It can't be worth losing your deposit.

I recommend a soft-bristle brush or whatever is cheap since its such a small job with 2 coats of paint. Bring a chunk of the paint from the door to color match, just in case its a different paint and/or gloss.

Pro-tip, buy less than a gallon if possible or ask the land lord for some touch-up paint.
>>
>>951364
if you still have all the pieces you can actually just glue it back together, one layer of what ever color paint and you wont even be able to tell it ever happened.
>>
>>951364
dispose of boyfriend.
if he's punching through walls like a retard then he's retarded.
>>
>>951520
also, this
>>
>>951364
>dating thugs
>>
>>951513
So the BF walks into the store with a piece of the door.
>>
File: duct-tape.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
duct-tape.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>>951364
its not the repair ur thinking of
duct tape the entire door to create a pattern that will mask anything on the door
>>
Same problem once. I swapped the door with the hole with a closet door placing the hole on the inside closet side. Got lucky and nobody noticed.
>>
Just use gypsum, works great and you need to color the door new.
>>
Just to make it LOOK like its not there, fiber glass sheets aboutt 10$ plus the actual hardener another 10$ glue stripes onto inside of hole once dried glue onto ouside ofhole aswell let dry, use that pink stuff that dries white for dry wall (/might be spackle not sure) sand down till perfectly even paint to corespondinh color, taddah! Hope that helps it did for me I was the boyfriend who punched the hole once but I fixed it myslef so whatever fuck you
>>
Leave him to fix his own mess, just walk away.
>>
>>951364
Did he punch it to stop himself from punching you?
>>
glue a piece of paper over it.
>>
>>952080
Ya, what caused your bf to chimp out like that.

Stop sandbagging, OP.
>>
>>951528
>dating thugs
BUT HE GOTSA BIG DIK, WHITE BOI.
>>
>>951364
>dating niggers
Bitch, a hole in the wall is the least of your problems.
>>
>>951513
Why are you spending so much on paint. Just get a colour matched sample pot. It costs me $6 for that and this is in Australia.
>>
>>951513
ftfy
>Spackle = $6 - 8
>Paint = 1 gallon semi-gloss Swiss Coffee, $20 - 25
>Mesh tape = ~$6-8
>Spatula (to spread spackle evenly) = $2 - 4
>Paint brush = $4 - 6
>Total cost = $40 to 51
>New boyfriend = Priceless
>>
>>951364
>>
why are people punching holes through walls?
>>
1. cut square shape out around hole
2. cut backer piece to attach inside of door to support patch
3. cut out patch to fit square, piece of wood/whatever
4. glue backer piece to inside, then glue patch to backer
5. fill around patch with bondo/wood filler/similar product
>>
>>951375
lol is the supper your ex or is he the one youre fucking?
>>
Either back block and plaster with some paper tape on the first coat, with base coat or cornice cement, do a second base coat, then use top coat and sand smooth, then paint over it or grab some of the shit renderers use for blueboard (it's a bit more flexible so it won't crack so easy)
>>
>>952530
Also stipple the paint with a cheap brush, saves having to buy a roller.
>>
>>951364
buying a new door will be cheaper than fixing that door. That's a really cheap shitty door.
>>
After you fix it, I suggest getting a new boyfriend who isn't a douchebag with a bad temper. In the bright side, if you don't, you'll know how to fix it when he does it the next 20 times.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
my dog punched a hole in my wall today to reveal an old hornet nest. good girl.
>>
>>953057
dogs face when it was smelling that hornet nest from the first day she was in your house.
her face when you acted surpised when you saw the nest, like you couldnt smell it this whole time.
lazy human.
>>
>>953078

Well they weren't active this year and we just moved here so it's at least a year old. But it did lead me to a small hole behind a downspout that I have to fill and with the insulation gone I had to run to Home Depot and snake about a 2 foot piece in there.

Either way it's a fix I'm happy to make because I let it air out (some moisture) and I found a repair I never knew existing long before it was too late.
>>
>>951364
Buy a door
>>
>>952920
What a shitty answer.
>Makes a bunch of assumptions
>Smugly judges others based on it

Seriously, the fuck are you even doing here? Go back to /b/
>>
>>953057
bees
>>
>>953094
Lol.
Sidenote, OP is kill.
>>
>>953092
What? No, I was joking like the dog thought you knew it was there but just pretended like you couldn't smell it.. cause dogs can smell crazy good, and due to an under developed theory of mind would probably assume that you can smell just as good as they can.
>>
>>953137
don't need a gallon of paint, just take a chunk of that hole to a paint store and get it sampled. Small pot of paint. Less than 10 dollars. Foam or bristle brush, spray foam less than 3 dollars and glue and cardboard possible free(paper-masc-he it) all in total less than 15 dollars. AND the color will match the surroundings.

But seriously, have the douche do this himself, otherwise you will be a tool for life, or a new hole in a wall. Then again, that is a VERY fragile wall by the looks of things....
>>
>>953163
jerry?
>>
>>953094
Oh, I get it. He doesn't really have a temper - you're just a cunt and drove him to punching the wall to vent. Gotcha.
>>
Semi-related. I'm moving out of my rental soon so I'm repainting anywhere that's seriously fucked up for maximum deposit back.

The paint I've applied though looks drastically different. It's like pure white when I need a variation of white.

Any advice on fixing that? Does it just need the 2-4 hours to dry it says on the tin? It's been on 30 mins but is dry to the touch.
>>
So does OP have tits or is it two faggots?
>>
>>953137

I seriously seriously doubt a dog could differentiate wood fibers from the rest of the wood in a 2x4 frame house.
>>
>american walls
>>
>>953301

>not possessing the strength to punch through a wall
>consuming semen rations
>>
File: 1455390520428.png (431 KB, 556x644) Image search: [Google]
1455390520428.png
431 KB, 556x644
>>951364
Why did your ape retard boyfriend punch the door
Spill the beans
>>
measure door - if its a standard size (30 inches is pretty standard width for interior bedroom door). go to a 're-use-it' or 'habitat for humanity' store and find a used door of the same size for super cheap and just replace the one with hole in it. also note if your door swings left or right (this effects how the hinges are placed on the door) you can switch a left to a right or right to a left but its more work and requires some tools and some skill using them etc etc. also note the height of the door. many times a door may have been trimmed to swing over carpet or a threshold so all doors are not all exactly the same height; will vary within an inch or so.
>>
Fucking hell, let this thread die. Jesus fucking Christ. Op abandoned thread almost immediately and never replied because she was kill.
>>
>>953270
>hornets
>hornet motherfucking queen
>hornet honey

yep, all made of wood.
>>
File: wqPpCU1rfnlv2_540.jpg (55 KB, 540x450) Image search: [Google]
wqPpCU1rfnlv2_540.jpg
55 KB, 540x450
Why is everyone in /diy/ so fucking autistic

I only come here occasionally but jesus fucking christ

Also OP you're dumb as fuck for dating someone who would punch a whole in the wall of a rental
>>
>>953405
That's because you go to the autistic threads.
Go to the normal threads. You should only find passionated people there.
>>
>>953401
now you get it
protip: wood is made out of even smaller woods, like atoms are made of protons, electrons, and neutrons.
a 2x4, is actually made out of a bunch of microscopic 2x4's
>>
File: 1456002946721.jpg (99 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1456002946721.jpg
99 KB, 800x600
>>953485
>a 2x4, is actually made out of a bunch of microscopic 2x4's
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
>>953401

First, it's winter so the queen is hibernating away from the nest. Second, hornets are wasps and they do not make honey.

Anyhow, idiots aside, opened the hole bigger, removed all the nest, replaced the insulation, and patched.
>>
>>953267
finally someone asking the important questions
>>
>>953528
>He wasted all of that hornet honey.
>Somehow we're all the idiots.
Lol okay.
>>
>>951364
To bad he did not hit a stud that would of been funny to witness.
>>
>>952098

OP said he wanted a sex change and the boyfriend went "b-b-but MUH trap!
>>
>>951364
Could be your head next time, run like the wind, and never return.
>>
File: 1365107784975.jpg (69 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1365107784975.jpg
69 KB, 520x678
>>953057
>>
>>953405
>has a folder dedicated to anime reaction images
>calls everyone else autistic
>>
>>951364
Buy a need door. It will become cheaper than buying the materials for repairs.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.