[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I raise my airbed 45 degrees to sleep?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: How-to-build-a-dog-ramp.jpg (81 KB, 1024x605) Image search: [Google]
How-to-build-a-dog-ramp.jpg
81 KB, 1024x605
Does anyone know an affordable way to raise my airbed 45 degrees without it popping or costing $1000s?
>>
>>951126
lean the bed against the fucking wall
>>
>>951126
look at your own picture
a couple of 2x4s and some osb sheet
>>
>>951126
45 might be a little extreme. Good luck keeping your pillow and blankets from sliding to the floor.

Why can't you sleep? Acid reflux or sleep apnea? Omeprazole (Prilosec OTC) stopped my reflux and my new cpap machine has me sleeping better than I ever have.
>>
45 degrees seems retarded excessive.

Wouldn't 15 degrees be enough to assist your acid reflux? I just wedged a piece of 2x4 under the legs of my bed and it helped a lot.
>>
>>951179
At the very least 30 degrees, but 40 would be good
>>
>>951229
I don't have $2000 for a conventional bed, so I bought an intex bed for $35
>>
>>951141
Good idea on the Omeprazole, I'm a voice actor so I need a healthy throat
>>
>>951140
What's osb sheet? I need something very simple and affordable
>>
>>951229
Do you have a protractor handy? Even 30 degrees is going to be quite an incline. All your shit is going to end up on the floor. Perhaps you need a wedge pillow to elevate your upper body.

I still maintain the omeprazole is the best answer. $11 or $12 a month at Costco. One pill a day and only ever get heartburn when I eat and drink shit I know are going be too acidic. Bloody Marys before a pasta dinner and red wine? Sure why not. A couple tums takes care of that. I used to have GERD because of the reflux. Now my esophagus is healed and I don't wake up with the bile taste in my mouth.

Of course you should talk to a doctor if you can.
>>
Might sound dumb but cut off the legs on the lower part of your bed.

Put additional support under the uncut legs to increase angle.
>>
>>951126
Put a couple match books under the head end legs of your bed frame.
>>
I see nobody has mentioned that along with the bedding sliding off, that OP wouldnt slide off as well.. 45 is a pretty steep incline..
>>
>>951233
Particle board.comes in 4 foot by 8 foot panels.its about $9 a sheet
>>
Full size air mattress length = 72"

cos(45) =A/72

A = 72cos(45 degrees) = 50.9"

OP just pull your mattress back 51" and lean in against the wall long ways.

You can stack some shit under it for support
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.