[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone got any tips for building industrial style furniture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Industrial coffee table.jpg (182 KB, 1051x640) Image search: [Google]
Industrial coffee table.jpg
182 KB, 1051x640
Anyone got any tips for building industrial style furniture? Basically wood planks and metal bars, but I don't know much about where to find parts, how to put them all together and what's the best way of doing it. Cheers
>>
>>950785
You can buy metal scrap at home depot. Pic related looks like a few pieces of 1 1/2in Angle iron, and some flat bar for supports. Weld the pieces together, then drill holes and attach the wood. Fairly straightforward.
>>
>>950940
their metal prices are too high. scrap prices are in the lows right now, you could buy a truckload at your local scrap dealer for 10 bucks probably. straight stuff too.
>>
>>950785

Use wood planks and metal bars.

Do you know how to weld?
>>
File: concrete.jpg (385 KB, 945x525) Image search: [Google]
concrete.jpg
385 KB, 945x525
>>950785

hey OP, i absolutely love this look and plan on building some myself.

a lot of what ive done/plan to do in my house is based around concrete though, you can do so much with it and i would defiantly recommend considering it (pick related off google)
>>
>>950785

You'll find most people that make this junk to sell have an abundance of raw materials. That's why it's cheap and trendy.

When you go down the line of buying materials to make it, it quickly loses value.

So really what I'm saying is if you have the skill to make it, great, if you need tips for sourcing materials that's where I'm at a loss. There's no cheap way of doing it unless you can find them for pennies.
>>
>>950785
£5 for the metal
£2 for the bolts
£10 for the wood
£10 for the stain/wax
I buy all my steel from a stockist, cheap ass fuck.

If you make this table grind the fuckin' welds flat before painting it.
>>
>>952056
I mean for £10 worth of metal because you buy the hole length, you could make three of these tables, maybe the same with the wood, I can get 4.8 meters for £8 so maybe two out of a length.

Just find good suppliers.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.