[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DIY Wall Smashin'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: stupid triangle.jpg (189 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
stupid triangle.jpg
189 KB, 1024x768
I decided to destroy a wall to open up my first floor. Check out my photo album...

http://imgur.com/a/10DS3
>>
File: 1447443596397.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1447443596397.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>
Fucking muricans, this is not a wall. This is a bullshit room parting tool.

No seriously, how can you call this a wall?
How are you americans so retarded to build a house like this? Ever wonderd why a tornado/hurricane fucks you so called houses?

seriously, i am getting angry about so much stupidity - check out that pic: your wood sehds aer fucked up but the solid rocks are still standing.

dumb mericans
>>
>>950607
Tornadoes easily destroy brick houses. They easily destroy steel buildings too.
>>
>>950607
how did he need so many tools to do this? why cut the studs out when there's just like one or two nails holding them in? ladder? wtf.

did he really not know that drywall doesnt need to be torn apart like that? its just held on with mastic and drywall tacs?

OP should never do any more home improvement until he learns what he's doing.
also LOL he tore the wall open with power still connected and that one stud left there with a power cable attached to it while sawing right next to it.
>>
>>950625
Bullshit, fuck off.

If you make a proper brick house, cast an actual foundation (as opposed to setting the house on pegs, as American'ts do) and allow mortar to harden properly, brick houses and especially concrete houses are nearly impervious to weather effects.

Of course, debris poses a problem, but not he devastation of having a McMansion face a cat 4.

>>950594
Probably fun, even though you'd have made the job easier for yourself by taking out larger chunks of drywall instead of decreasing it to rubble.
>>
>>950629
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

I pour concrete in tornado ally.

Tornado proof structures exist, they're almost all owned by the military. It has to be able to stand up to missile strike, which brick buildings cannot, nor can a cinder block building.

We regularly pour safe rooms in new construction homes. Ones that meet ICC-500 standards.
>>
>>950635
Fock off m8 I shank your nan outside Tesco an' post it on Fetlife, ya flyover state poofta.
>>
>>950648
what
>>
File: jfpq5n76c.png (303 KB, 835x684) Image search: [Google]
jfpq5n76c.png
303 KB, 835x684
>>950648
>poofta
Go back to your caravan, pikey.
>>
>>950649
>>950672

Feck off m8, I'll riipe y'a new one swear on me mum...
>>
>>950594
lol, I guarantee you, at least one of those walls was load bearing. I would not sleep in that house until it´s properly fixed.
>>
>>950690
Grease yah mum up the chip shop yah crease
>>
>>950712

you bloody wanker i'll stitch yar filthy cunt!
>>
>>950706
>OP's pic is how a load bearing wall looks.

lol
>>
>>950706
Ah i see we have a contractor itt
>>
File: load bearer.jpg (152 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
load bearer.jpg
152 KB, 816x612
hey op ill contriboot. mine was a major load bearing wall, after 2 years still no cracks in the finished sheetrock so i consider it a success
>>
File: dont cave in plz.jpg (154 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
dont cave in plz.jpg
154 KB, 816x612
borrowed some jacks, was pretty nervous at this point.
>>
File: super beefy 2x12 header.jpg (104 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
super beefy 2x12 header.jpg
104 KB, 816x612
i used the ratchet straps in the previous pic to hold the 2 by 12 header and lift it into position under the top plate you can see between the jacks. did all this solo, i dont work well with others.
>>
File: opened up finished.jpg (106 KB, 820x461) Image search: [Google]
opened up finished.jpg
106 KB, 820x461
now the kitchen is opened up to the rest of the living space, made this small house feel cozier imo. see ya later.
>>
>>951072
>>951069
>>951066
>>951065

Hey, good job! Definitely more Koselig/Gezellig/Cozy/Comfy.

Is that a double wide trailer? Something about the curved ceiling.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.