[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to drop the cash on a new Milwaukee Fuel Gen 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (228 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228 KB, 520x520
I'm about to drop the cash on a new Milwaukee Fuel Gen 2 combo kit after a lot of thought and research. Item number 2897-22 specifically. Thoughts?
>>
>>950143
Only suckers buy tools new (unless you need it right now for something you will be doing today and you can't do it without it full stop). Chinese made tools at that. Get a set used for cheap on CL and maybe drop a little on rebuilding the batteries.
>>
>>950146
I kind of do need it right now lol. I had a comparable Dewalt XR kit that I just returned because the drill was dog shit and I need to get a basement finishing job done ASAP.

I don't mind paying full price for good tools that will last me. They'll get used to death.
>>
This is /diy/ not /buy/
>>
>>950152
Well DIYers do need tools. Just wanted some input from people who possibly have had some experience with them.
>>
>>950150
>Chinese
>Good
>Tool
Pick two.
>>
>>950155
Go read some reviews.
This board is about projects not products
>>
Well alrighty then
>>
>>950143
I've heard good things about makita drills if you are looking for just drills. I've used dewalt all my life and they have worked well. But the big thing is the batteries, if you plan on having saws-all or any other portable tools it's nice having interchangeable batteries.
>>
>>950158
Read the sticky, clownass.
>>
>>950143
Mug.
>>
>>950158
>>950152
There sure are a lot of people who like to tell people to fuck off to other boards nowadays. It wasnt like this 6 months ago, im not sure where these idiots have come from.

Tool threads have long been some of the most active and long lasting threads since /diy/ started.

You going to shit on threads with the old ass bingo picture too?
>>
>>950211
>Tool threads have long been some of the most active and long lasting threads since /diy/ started
no.

These Milwaukee threads started recently.
Could turn /diy/ into /g/ 2.0.
AMD vs Radeon
AMD vs Intel
Windows vs Linux
ABP vs Ublock
ect.

Fuck that, don't want the product shilling here.
>>
>>950156

We have a brand here called ing-co which pure China shit with engrish manuals and is super cheap.

We recently built a 3 story 17 room hotel block and it was one ing-co 4.5" angle grinder that cut every inch of steel for that building. It was 2 years old at that point, it has been 2 years since completion of that building and is still cutting rebar today. All day long, 6 days a week.
>>
>>950222
So you are on a personal crusade to stop people from making Milwaukee threads?

I have seen threads for other tool brands too.

The simple fact of it is, the M12 and M18 lines are a very popular lines of tools right now. And the Fuel stuff coming out is just blowing other companies away.

You arent going to shame me for recommending Milwaukee. My M18 non fuel stuff are absolute beasts, and im not convinced that a comparable Makita is going to be any better.

Are you going to crusade against the Ryobi crowd on here too?
Dont forget that there is only a handful of tool companies out there, so you are obviously going to have groups of fanboys.
>>
I work at a diesel repair shop.we get a guy from ny every month or so who comes in with a pickup load of "knockoff" brand tools.i purchased a look alike milwaukee combo set from him that im actually pleased with.it also turned out that the knockoffs were actually made by milwaukee.i wouldnt pay the brand name price but i got a good deal for the equivalent set.
>>
>>950231
I like how you only talk about brands own by TTi. Like Milwaukee and Ryobi. Might as well throw in a good word for Craftsman too. Many of their power tools are made by TTi these days.
>>
>>950143
they have gone down hill but still decent
>>
>>950311
While I know I shouldnt even reply to the old "Did you stop beating your wife" argument.

Are you going to go on and say that since Ryobi is a home depot exclusive, that fucking retarded "I work at Home Depot ask me anything" thread is part of this power tool shilling conspiracy too!

I can understand a video game company shilling or a video card company shilling on an anime website full of shut-ins.

Coincidentally that is the literal opposite demographic that the parent company of a power tool brand is looking to advertise to, on one of the slowest boards.

People only have anecdotal evidence to help out people choose tools, cant be mad that one of the more popular tools brands is brought up a lot.
It makes you sound like a crazy person
>>
File: comfysnak.jpg (321 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
comfysnak.jpg
321 KB, 1328x747
ill test a setup op, email me
>>
>>950143
Go for it op, i just splurged on the recon m12 impact driver + hammer drill for 200$.

After owning the m18 fuel kit for a year, i love these tools.

even use the m12 hoodie.
Now i dont ever have to dirty up my nice coat.

They are so light and powerful, wont need 18v tools, unless you're doing heavy duty work.

lag screws, >.5" drill in concrete, etc.
>>
File: 51ggrOvYrML.jpg (38 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
51ggrOvYrML.jpg
38 KB, 500x271
>not going for the goat
if your going to drop the cash on new power drills might aswell do it right
>>
>>950341
I just bought this kit and it's my favorite of all the drills I've ever owned. Was using a dewalt 12. Apprentice won't stop borrowing. Starting to get pissed. It really is that good. Make sure to get the fuel version. 1/2 inch Chuck very nice.
>>
I have Milwaukee M18 drills and impact I have been super impressed with them. I have used them side by side with guys that have makitas and and dewalts and they m18s especially with the 4amp batteries can out perform them all.
>>
>>950143
havent used the fuel version but the m18s are great to use and have plenty of power for most applications needed
>>
I tend to have a good mix of brands from Dewalt, Bosch, Makita, and Milwaukee. I go with Milwaukee cordless fuel with 4.0 amp since thats what i started with and its retarded to not go with whatever brand you'll have a bunch of batteries for. I work with an old guy thats had his Makita impact forever and its taken a beating, but doesnt have the power mine does, but that can be chalked up to the age difference in tools (his ~8-9 years old vs. mine ~3 years old) I've dropped mine off ladders into mud, onto subfloors from 10' in the air, had plaster dust hardie dust, etc all over it and its still as good as day one, just a little beat up looking. The drill has some chuck issues, but i've also used it to mix a few buckets of drywall mud so that probably didnt help (still holds twist bits just fine though.)

I'd say go for the Milwaukee or Makita, not really impressed with my co-workers Dewalt impact but they have such a lack of care for their own tools i wouldnt take it as a good product test. I got mine from Depot and they had a special if you bought the set you got a free battery (3 total) so that help my decision too. The impacts one of my most used power tools next to a circular saw, so i wouldn't go cheap on it either, fuck Chinese and rebuilt batteries for something you need all the time.
>>
>>950143
I got one of them suckers at work. Its reliable, holds a charge and has plenty of torque, but the thing is damn heavy. If you're going to be carrying a drill around on your belt for extended periods, or have to lift one over your head a lot, I'd recommend going for something smaller, like a DeWalt.
>>
>>950143
do you really need the fuel model? its an unnecessary expense if you dont use the tools with your day job. the regular model is good enough. if your going to pay extra for the fuel model you may as well get makita
>>
>>953162
If you have the money for the brushless upgrade, might as well get it.
Brushless tools have a noticeable increase in power and better battery life.
>>
>>951514
got the fuel im happy
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 500x482
>>950239
>actually this
>actually that

Why the fuck do retards think they must punctuate every single sentence with the word "actually"?

Do you actually even know what actually means? Do you actually believe that in actuallity you actually have to differentiate every actual statement by differentiating between actually meaning something versus actually theorizing using the actual statement?

Actually bro? Actually?
>>
>>953349
words are memes bro.
actually literally.
>>
>>953349
He used that word correctly... are you autistic?
>>
>>950143
Have these, fantastic tools. Far surpassed what I thought was possible with a cordless.Charge lasts.
>>
>>950143
do it, milwaukee fuel master race here, confirmed
/thread
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.