[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tech noob prank goes wrong 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_1336.jpg (228 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1336.jpg
228 KB, 1024x768
so i've got a 2004 grand am gt that had a stock "Monsoon" stereo system, i replaced the stock head unit with a pioneer and that worked just fine since there's a stock amp in the back

but now i've replaced the rear speakers, 4 wired ones, with 2 wired JBLs that are rated for 300W each. the problem is, the amp is only powered for like 200W, and when i go up to a certain volume they start cracking and making bad noises.

I was planning on just bypassing the amp and wiring the JBLs straight to the head unit, but the head unit is only good for 4 to 8 ohms while the JBLs are 2 ohms

my questions is, how can i add a simple cheap 2 channel amp to the equation to power the 2 rear JBLs?

it seems like it would be relatively easy, i just dont know what to do with the blue wire for the amp, would i just run it parallel with the blue wire from the other stock amp?

would powering the back 3 way speakers with a separate amp even give any improvements?

TL;DR rear aftermarket speakers sound like shit with stock amp and can't be hooked up to aftermarket head unit
>>
Pls respond
>>
>>949680
Did you cut the tweeter lines and wire them the way they are supposed to be with the amp?
if you are just running them off one set of lines you are only getting half the signal to the speakers
>>
http://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-electronics/612644-monsoon-faq.html
>>
>>949718
no, i just taped off the tweeter lines and used the bass lines for the new speakers, and they actually do sound alright, but at high volumes start cracking but that's one of the reasons i want to add an amp

so i can just use the regular 2 wire set up from the amp
>>
>>949720
wrong car
>>
i'm just gonna get a 2 channel amp, rewire the 2 rear speakers to it, run an RCA cable to the head unit and run the turn on wire to the head unit,

the thing i'm wondering is if i'd be able to run that wire parallel with the other amp turn on wire?
>>
>>949721
Thats why your speakers are crackling nigga, you are hitting the amps internal crossover
>>
>>949793
what do i do senpai? :/
>>
>>949815
Cut the damn tweeter lines like it has been said 4 times and feed the tweeters off their dedicated lines.
>>
>>949825
What do you mean cut the tweeter lines? You mean cutting them from the speakers and having all four wires hooked up to each speaker?
>>
Fuck man your other thread is still up. I told you exactly what to do in the last one and you didn't fucking listen. I'm glad your setup sounds like shit.
>>
>>949990
I wasn't sure I could cut the lines on these speakers like that

Was unsure so didn't wanna risk fucking them up
>>
>>949835
Here let me use less words so you can understand
cut line between tweeter and the normal hookup
Solder them to the tweeter feed lines
WOW SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.