[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/, I'm a newbie in need of your help. Internet guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (972 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
972 KB, 2592x1936
Hey /diy/, I'm a newbie in need of your help. Internet guy just glued this wire to my ceiling, I'd like to put in in the bracket with the other wires. I don't know how though. Do I just drill into the bracket thing and push the wire in, drill into it in the other room and pull it out where I need it?
Thanks for the help. Pic related, where I want the wire to go in
>>
File: image.jpg (908 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
908 KB, 2592x1936
>>948514
The room ends here but I suppose the bracket goes into the wall in the other room
>>
File: image.jpg (776 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
776 KB, 2592x1936
>>948514
So the wire would just continue here
>>
File: image.jpg (586 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
586 KB, 2592x1936
>>948514
And it would end here on the top left side of the picture where it should come out
>>
File: wiremold.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
wiremold.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
Is that bracket pained over? It looks like so.
It should open one way or another (usually top just clips on) but if it is painted over you are risking ripping paint of wall. Also old brackets become more fragile and break easly.

Don't drill in it if you don't know are there wires in. Maybe use pic related and put small second bracket? If no try to open old one in one corner where it is not visible to much then push wire inside and close again
>>
>>948514
WTF?
Did he just glue it to the wall with a hot glue gun?
>>
>>948514
just fyi if you want to run cables together in an enclosure like this usually every cable has to be insulated to the rating of the highest voltage cable present.
if you put it in with mains wires it should be rated to mains insulation
>>
>>948532
It is painted over. Thanks for the advice, I'll get some brackets next time I go to Ikea then.
>>948700
Yeah, it's disgusting.
>>948721
Thank you, I didn't know that.
>>
Run wiring through the walls. Anything less is lazy.
>>
that wire in OP pic looks like the old school telephone wire (with 4 smaller wires (red, green, yellow and black) inside the grey covering)... if that's what it is then there is hardly any voltage running through it.
>>
File: da.png (518 KB, 720x524) Image search: [Google]
da.png
518 KB, 720x524
>>948514
OP here. Would it be a good idea to get an electrician to add an electrical outlet for the router like pic related? Then, I'd just need to shorten the internet cable and only install one bracket to hide the wire. It would be probably more expensive but more aesthetically pleasing as I see it but there may be issues I don't think about. What do you guys think?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.