[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i moved into a new pad, but the kitchen light is a nightmare
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Light-Switch.jpg (8 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Light-Switch.jpg
8 KB, 500x500
So i moved into a new pad, but the kitchen light is a nightmare
When i moved in the light was left on by the landlord (thanks for wasting power bitch) , and it was emitting a buzzing, which i investigated and found to be the bulb being improperly secured because the bayonet socket was broken and missing a lug that holds in the bulb, or so i thought.
Ive removed the lightbulb and told the landlord to get their shit sorted, but ive now noticed the buzzing isnt coming from that broken socket, its coming from behind the cooker which is on the same wall as the light. But only when the light switch is turned on.

Any ideas lads, ive already got this lady down to fix my socket and replace like half the white goods cause they are cheap broken garbage, can you help me figure this shit out so i can load her up with more expenses for this dodgy hole ive moved into
>>
>>947970
post some fucking pictures
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 252x159) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 252x159
>>947978
This

Every fucking time...
>>
>>947978
Pictures of what, a generic lightswitch or a cooker i cant move because its built into the unit
>>
>>947984

You really lack reading comprehension. Take a picture of the actual goddamn switch, you idget!
>>
>>947970
>on the same wall as the light.
lights on the wall or switch is on the wall?
any holes or patches or marks around the location of the buzzing?
does it buzz when the switch is switched on and no bulb in or only when bulb is in?
remove switch and gently pull out from wall a few cm, do wires run up and down or towards location of buzzing?
what is the consumer unit/fusebox like? mcbs or fuses? can you identify an RCD protecting the lighting circuit?

i'm assuming uk because of the picture.
>>
>>947970
you're going to have a fire soon.
>>
>>947984
TAKE A VIDEO OF THE BUZZING SO WE CAN HEAR IT AND SEE THE PROBLEM DO YOU WANT US TO HELP OR NOT
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.