[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I turn the radiator on in the spare bedroom of my house,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: floorboards.jpg (152 KB, 1000x669) Image search: [Google]
floorboards.jpg
152 KB, 1000x669
When I turn the radiator on in the spare bedroom of my house, I can hear a dripping noise, so I'm pretty sure it's a leak in the central heating pipe.

How do I even get floorboards up? (I need to do this for another room too)
>>
You wedge the prying object and rip the board away from the frame, you won't get the same looks as before if you put them back. Lemme see that heater
>>
>>946937
>Lemme see that heater

What, you just wanna see a pic of the boiler itself?

It's about 36 years old I think.
>>
>>946925
in a closed central heating system turning the radiator on or off shouldn't alter the pressure in the pipe significantly.
if there is a leak that is enough to audibly drip then you have a problem and should be constantly refilling the system via filling loop. you would notice a drop in the pressure gauge.

are you sure its dripping and not just the sound of the pipe heating up?

parents house makes a similar drippy noise in the kitchen ceiling when the bedroom above radiator is on. done it for 10 years, no damage no loss of pressure no visible water when we ripped up the floor.
just sounds the same.
>>
>>946925
Hey, before you go ripping up floor boards, how about we do an actual diagnosis of the problem?

Steam or Hot Water system?

Next
>>947024
This guy is right, the pipes as they heat CAN in fact sound like there's a drip.
He's also right about the water pressure, with a hot water closed loop system habing the rad valve "off" doesn't effect pipe pressure, there's still water in there, just not getting the circulation

There may be no drip, but it can sound like it.
I was in such a house today.

Steam pipes CAN rust out and cause a drip noise

So, Steam or Hot Water?
Kinda need to know
Take a picture of the radiator you think "might" be leaking
>>
>>947204

Hot water
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.