[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know how to pick one of these style locks? Or even what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Anyone know how to pick one of these style locks? Or even what they're called?
Currently locked out and it is freezing.
>>
>>946815
Its always eaiser to go through a window anon.. With cheap aluminum windows. Just push on the frame where the locks at and pull up.. It will scrape the top window but who cares.
>>
>>946816
It's a fifth floor apartment. I can't get to a window without flying
>>
you have to recite the ancient korean secret password and say a prayer. It will open automatically.
>>
>>946817
You gotta believe. Then you can.

Break on through to the other side

Also, then wording on there is a warning- he who attempts passage cliff may fall.

Trust me, I be an errxpert
>>
Cruciform (cross)
>>
>>946815
call 894-2828 and ask for help
>>
>>946815
>Currently locked out and it is freezing.

Thi is a slow board. OP is probably dead from hypothermia by now.
>>
>>946956
Or if it was really an apartment building with 5+ floors, he waited the 10 minutes for someone to leave and went in the door.
>>
Say open says me, I saw it in an instructional video
>>
>>946966
That's the door to the apartment itself. I just went to a cafe next door while waiting the hour for someone with a key to arrive.
>>
>>947256
Kek.
Do you have picks and a tension bar? It's the same process as a straight key but you're doing it on 4 (probably actually three with a dummy side that won't interface the lock). Put a little tension on the keyway and push all the pins in one by one until it turns. Ducking stupid simple.
>>
Just call your First Sergeant and ask for help, or ask for a room in the barracks for the night.
>>
>>946815
its almost like the lock wants to be drilled

>>947314
>tension wrench
>perfectly round key hole
>>
>>947856
It's definitely hexagonal. Might be more difficult, but you could certainly do it with a straight tensioner.
>>
>>947985
>hexagonal
my eyes are fucked, you appear to be correct.
I wonder what would happen if you put an appropriately sized hex screwdriver bit in an impact and went to town
>>
>>946823
Not quite, cruciform locks don't have a round keyway. They also have 4 rows of pins, not 3.
bosnianbill did a video about a lock like this, let me find it.
>>
>>949822
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65q4VTCcS4g
Damn, the guy has like 800 videos. Anyway, that should help.
Where the hell are you anyway? Korea?
>>
>>948048
You'd sheer the pins and the lock would fly apart :D
>>
>>950137
thats what Im counting on, especially with how week the brass is (or whatever pins are made out of)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.