[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best program to design custom furniture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Color-Alone_525px.jpg (22 KB, 525x323) Image search: [Google]
Color-Alone_525px.jpg
22 KB, 525x323
I'm moving right now and want to design a custom desk that'll maybe fit all my needs. I was wondering what the best program would be to actually draft an idea up.

I'm finding that Google Sketchup is probably the best to use, but I figured I might as well ask you guys before I do anything.
>>
>>946713
pen and paper

seriously
>>
>>946715

this
>>
We do custom furniture where I work. Sketchup is definitely used, but for actual design from a low-level (think CNC use) we use CabinetVision and AlphaCam.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1450134755772-1.jpg (357 KB, 1983x1072) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1450134755772-1.jpg
357 KB, 1983x1072
>>946713
I use sketchup. Im on mobile so no pictures of my shit. My advice would to pirate the pro version. For various reasons. One being able to export 3DS so you can move to other programs.

I have hundreds of hours in sketchup building furniture that someday id like to build.. For example I have the 3d mockup of pic related (the bench) because I thought it looked hella cool. I also rip off ideas from finished furniture from big name furniture designers. You know the type... 20,000$ for a single leather couch
>>
File: gun.png (395 KB, 632x682) Image search: [Google]
gun.png
395 KB, 632x682
try tinkercad. Go through the 10 minute tutorial and you can make guns and whatever you want with it.
> pic related it's the gun I'm designing
>>
If you're a college student you can get AutoCAD educational version for free, and same thing for solidworks I believe. Solidworks is the better package but AutoCAD will work for 3d if you gotta (I use it daily for work as a Cad jockey). Only downside to educational versions are a big watermark that says educational but otherwise they have all the features unlocked and will work for personal use.
>>
File: pain.jpg (66 KB, 793x656) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
66 KB, 793x656
>>947712
>not Creo
>>
>>946713
I'm using Sketchup, already done two bookcase and sold the plans on the internet. Not a great income. I found it simple, and fast.
>>
>>948433
creo doesn't have a learning curve, it has a learning great wall of china
>>
https://www.rhino3d.com/
>>
>>947627
That is 1991-tier graphics. Kill yourself.
>>
>>948719
Where does one buy said plans?

Looking at building some of my own furniture but don't have plans.
>>
>>949474
Get a load of this faggot, it's like he's never used a parametric CAD system in his life.
>>
>>949486
I've posted on facebook, saying plans available.
Then if someone ask for it you give then your paypal email and sell it.
>>
>>946713
Autodesk Fusion 360 if you don't want to shoot your brain out in frustration.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.