[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/ I found ic555 chip, how can I use it? I have searched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 555_DIP.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
555_DIP.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
Hey /diy/
I found ic555 chip, how can I use it?
I have searched google images for some guitar effects schematic and i found nonthing.
Can you dump something intresting?
>>
some of the first results when you google "555 timer guitar pedal" are for tremolo effects.
>>
Only thing I ever made from electronics was a keyboard consisting of a 555 chip, a bunch of switches and a bunch of variable resistors. Was pretty cool.
>>
If you hook up lots of transistors to it, you can make a computer.
>>
>>945687
There's only about ten thousand things that have been done with 555's over the last 30 years, try looking for them.
>>
>>945687
Generally 555 timers are used as a timer. So any project where you need a square wave at a particular frequency. The chip can also be used a flip-flop for logic circuits.

Shit as far as guitar effects why don't you just fucking google 555 guitar effect.
>>
>>945687
If you can, go to your local shitshack and grab a lm386 from the parts drawer. Couple of caps and resistors and a 9v battery.

I've made a simple distortion amp that I use headphones with to play my guitar.

Or if you want you can grab a cheap speaker at a thrift store and use that. It's loud enough to drown out a conversation.. but don't expect to be playing shows and touring.. haha

Or you could walk the streets and make money being a traveling music bum.

Fun fact on the 555 is that they use to use those for bombs. Had someone come into my shitshack and tell me.
>>
>>945880
this
>>
>>945687
Shove it up your ass
>>
>>945687
https://www.google.com/search?q=555+timer+projects

Seriously, there's a shitload of stuff you can do with it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.