[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a problem with concrete, i made some pillar foundations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: wallpaper689174.jpg (268 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper689174.jpg
268 KB, 1920x1200
I have a problem with concrete, i made some pillar foundations for fence with old cement and i think its not maturing at all, its been 2 days and is still dark i color and sandy. Is it fucked or is there still a chance for it to get hard ?
>>
>>943993
takes a month to harden
you are talking about green concrete. its like that.
by sandy do you mean if you step on it you leave a boot print or you can scratch it like kids do to sidewalks?
>>
>>944034
It shouldn't take longer than a day. If it's taking a month to harden there's not enough cement in your mix. I'd only expect longer than a day or two at most if you were using flux additive or a dry mix with a large sand to cement ratio.

Proper ready mixed post-crete is hard within half an hour of pouring.
>>
>>944034
you are confusing harden and cure
>>
>>943993
What was your mix ratio?
Concrete man here ama
>>
>>943993

What kind of aggregates did you use? Could have a lot organic particles.
>>
>>943993
>old cement

Old cement just doesn't seem to work the same. It might harden to the same strength after like several years. I mean you can leave a bag of cement outside and it will eventually form a block.

Usually once the bags open you have a few months, at best, to use it.

For anything that needs structural integrity or has to be demoulded in some way I'd avoid old Cement.

The only uses I've found for old cement are filling hollow objects and making Core Sand.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.