[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smart Mirror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_o1xtavrV1E1r3kmkso1_1280.jpg (58 KB, 800x1197) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1xtavrV1E1r3kmkso1_1280.jpg
58 KB, 800x1197
Guys, I've been looking into building a smart mirror just to show weather, e-mails, maybe twitter for the news and some other basic stuff to read while I get ready to leave the house.

I know it's a double-sided mirror with a monitor and some other stuff. My question is: how do you make the monitor show what you want? Is it a web-page you assemble with a black background and keep updating the information as needed or is it something else?

Thanks!
>>
I don't know a lot about this kind of thing. But I'd say you could either hook it up with a raspberry pi, or some kind of android phone. With like an OLED Screen
>>
>>943839
there is an instructable and there was a reddit fag posting his builds all over the interwebs a week ago. Im too lazy to google this for you.

they are a shit idea anyway.
>>
>>943896
Yeah, I found those. I just didn't understand how they set up their dashboards.

Why do you think it's a shit idea?
>>
Look into digital signage - software like xibo, Concerto, Dashing. This is essentially 'updating info on a black background webpage' already done for you
>>
>>943905
Dude, thanks. That's exactly what I need!
>>
>>943839
The easiest way I've found is get a mirror you like for your bathroom or wherever you'd like to hang it, look out the window to check the weather and look at your cell for all else when you're not taking, or even when you are taking a shit.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.