[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /diy/, I want to build a very specific thing for my sound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: plan_sound_device.jpg (95 KB, 1000x882) Image search: [Google]
plan_sound_device.jpg
95 KB, 1000x882
Hi /diy/,

I want to build a very specific thing for my sound setup.

I'm pretty good with soldering stuff and following instructions as well as doing conversion things - but I never really built anything "from the ground up", so I have a lot of questions but really look forward to do this.

Basically I want to put a soundcard and headphone-amp into one unit, but also want a few special things:

-has to have mic-in
-headphones and (balanced) pre-out have to be usable at the same time
-completely passive but regulatable rca-in to balanced/unbalanced pre-out

(I'm planing to use that with my active speakers that accept balanced in: M-Audio BX8 D2)

of course I could buy a few different devices and chain them together to get all of this working, but why not simply diy my own solution to only have one device and no cable clutter ... also, I want to build it for fun

my plan is to order a bunch of connectors and potentiometers for the front/back panels and some off-the-shelf hardware for the three internal components (which I'd rip apart to arrange their internals in my build, soldering everything together with some wires).

I need help with selecting the right components and especially what kind and resistance of potentiometers I'm going to need.

here's my plan so far:

-audio interface: random decent USB soundcard stick with 3,5mm in and out (any recommendations for a cheap one that doesn't suck? has to be plug'n'play, no drivers)

-headphone amp: a stereo amp kit from ebay or something. the amp obviously needs some power (I haven't put that into the mockup-schematic yet)

-DI unit: likely the Behringer MicroHD HD400, because I have one and it works well

any recommendations for the usb sound card or some other things I haven't considered or should watch out for?
>>
i think that you want a decent usb interface if im not mistaken, http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-302USB-Xenyx-Mixer/dp/B005EHILV4
this one seems to have all you need and even has phantom power and eq, all in's and out's and 2 inputs , what do you want this for anon ?
>>
>>943380
my desk setup
but also simply to build it for fun

anyone having any idea what kind of potentiometers (resistance) I'd need to regulate one: line-level audio and two: "amped headphone"-level audio ?
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.