[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any "glasshackers" here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Tubes.jpg (45 KB, 1017x763) Image search: [Google]
Tubes.jpg
45 KB, 1017x763
Any of you tube guys ever heard of this? The wiki article for evacuation tip (the little wiggly bit on the ends of tubes) mentions something called a "glasshacker", which are apparently people who ...hack vacuum tubes? Is this a real thing? Because I've never heard of it before, and it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere else on the internet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evacuation_tip
>>
>>940911
It's sometimes done in nixies tubes.
You swap out the gas inside it and they change the colour of the glow, since most nixies ionize the gas around the filament to get the glow.
So you swap it out for lets say argon and you get a blueish white glow.
I've never seen anyone do it but it's possible.
>>
>>940911
it specifies nixies for these glasshackes.
so no vaccuum tubes, just gas excitation lamps and displays.

cool idea though.
>>
>>940911

I know some old cross dresser on youtube who makes nixie tubes
>>
>>942097
I believe I have come across the same youtuber:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppj3gqUTt9E
>>
>>942123
Ive never been more confused.
>>
>>942133
Just go ahead, masturbate, and don't think too much about it.
>>
>>942133
>>942134
She has a lot of great videos though, really interesting stuff.
>>
>>942136
>>942134
>she
that's the thing though, the person isn't didn't really act female from what I saw. Hes talking like just another guy. Plus the dress appears more of a costume than normal clothes.
If this was a transgender situation, while everyone is free to dress in whatever style the see fit..
The style of clothes arnt realistic.. if this person was transgender Id imagine they would be dressing in the same clothes every other female is wearing.

I dont have a problem with it, hes doing what he loves so its whatever.
I am left with the question does he go out and mow the yard or go to the store in the same kind of clothes you saw in the video? Even a normal female would stick out like a sore thumb dressed like that.
>>
>>942123
>>942133
>>942134
>>942136
>>942212
>It even has makeup on
>>
How dangerous are these fucks, been wanting to make something with one but can't find 24 consecutive bulbs and also they scare the shit out of me from what I've read.
>>
>>943483
You mean nixies? They're pretty safe, they work on 300 volts, but being DC it will burn you in the worst case scenario.
>>
>>942123
what the fuck I have that same dress except it's red
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.