[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trimmer blowing white smoke on idle and blue when revving.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: glt25_6_bg.jpg (48 KB, 950x950) Image search: [Google]
glt25_6_bg.jpg
48 KB, 950x950
I picked up a Line Trimmer off the side of the road two days ago. It had disintegrated fuel lines and old fuel still in it. I emptied this out completely, rebuilt the carb, installed new fuel lines and filter, put in a new spark plug, and I've cleaned carbon deposits from the exhaust port and spark arrestor.

It now starts, but sometimes bogs down straight away, other times it will run well and idle great. There's a little bit of oil(fuel?) leaking from the exhaust still, and it blows white smoke on idle and blue smoke when I hit the throttle.

Any suggestions to fix the smoke blowing problem or the residue from the exhaust?

Cheers.

Pic semi related; It's a GMC GLT25 from what I've read.
>>
That's normal m8, mostly anyway. Two cycles burn oil to lubricate themselves.

Otherwise if it seems like too much smoke it probably just leaked, while it was out of service, from the carb into the muffler coating it and should stop after it's all burned off.

Either way it wont hurt anything except the environment but you offset that by not being the cunt that throws these things away after a season.
>>
>>938159
>Trimmer blowing white smoke on idle and blue when revving

Oil is leaking into the fuel.

Oh wait....

You probably mixed too much oil in the fuel.
>>
File: PPK20-WAT.jpg (152 KB, 400x319) Image search: [Google]
PPK20-WAT.jpg
152 KB, 400x319
Take the muffle off and see what happens. Don't over rev it though. The muffler can serve as a rev limiter in those but if its internally blocked with oil deposits they have to go one way or the other.

If the carb was rebuilt using the old rubber gaskets etc pic related you can have issues. I have tried cleaning them and all but once the are hardened they are never the same again.
>>
>>938270
You were spot on, I ran it some more and it's blowing more normal levels of smoke now and running like a dream!
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.