[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
reading Technical drawing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 546546584.png (25 KB, 761x241) Image search: [Google]
546546584.png
25 KB, 761x241
I'm trying to understand this technical drawing. It's supposed to be a piston rod of a shock absorber. There is supposed to be a screw-thread somewhere, but I can't see where. Also, what the hell does the cross mean at the left?
>>
>>937446
there are threaded ends at both ends. m10x1 is a threaded end and 5/16-24 unf is a threaded end.
not sure what the X is or if you cut off some of the label pointing to it but since its a shock piston it is likely some form of adjustment. either keyed or hex or knurled.
>>
>>937448
>m10x1 is a threaded end and 5/16-24 unf is a threaded end
How can you tell from the drawing?
>>
>>937463
>How can you tell from the drawing?

because it says m10x1 and 5/16-24 unf, respectively?

you know, that being what technical drawings do, tell you the specifications, and all that....
>>
>>937463
Not him, but it says so. In text. Like "5/16-24 UNF" on the right.
>>
>>937476
>>937477
I don't know what any of that shit means. Yeah, I'm dumb I know. No need to tell me.
>>
>>937448
the X means that it is a machined flat for wrenches and shit
>>
>>937463
Do you see the little lines right near the thicker ones? Designated with metric and UNF thread specs? That's how they draw threads these days (these days being at least a hundred years if not more). see also http://www.engineeringessentials.com/ege/fast/fast_page5.htm
>>
File: 1452780430809.png (24 KB, 158x149) Image search: [Google]
1452780430809.png
24 KB, 158x149
>>937446
>that mix of metric and US Standard
>>
>>937558
Yeah. Felt the taste of vomit in my mouth...
>>
>>937558
It's like they know something that the whole of /diy/ doesn't, that we can live in peace and harmony, coexisting side by side, that both have desirable qualities and we should ask just get along... Yeah that, or they fucked up.
>>
>>937563
It's disgusting. I saw the 5/16 thread first so it took me a moment to realize what the other numbers were because there's no such thing as a 400 inch shock outside of maybe those massive dump-trucks the size of houses.
>>
>>937565
They can, but mixing threads like that is just asking for trouble.
>>
>>937486
>5/16-24 UNF
That means 5/16" diameter, 24 threads per inch
UNF - Unified Thread Standard, Fine threading

>m10x1
That means 10 mm diameter, 1 mm pitch
European Standard M Thread
>>
actually op, what the hell is it being used for
>>
the OD has a 0.1 ground finish

also dutch
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.