[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wind proof fabric
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: cheese.jpg (658 KB, 2700x3600) Image search: [Google]
cheese.jpg
658 KB, 2700x3600
so I'm looking for wind proof fabric, and having a hard time. I want to build gloves that go over my summer motorcycle gloves that block out all air flow. I already tried some nylon shit from the craft store, does not block out 30mph+ winds.

also if nobody knows the answer to above, what glue would work best for gluing say like a nylon fabric to mylar sheeting? was thinking just to maybe glue some mylar to oneside of the nylon and just cut my pattern and sew around as normal to make into a glove.

also there doesn't need to be any safety value as they are meant to go over my regular motorcycle gloves.

Oh and leather gloves and fucking cold ass weather suck/10
>>
Maybe you could try going to a thrift store to find a wind breaker and use the fabric from that
>>
Oilskin has been used for at least a hundred years now to keep out wind and rain.

The next thing from that would be chemical resistant gloves, which are basically just cloth gloves dipped in rubber. These would probably feel as cold as leather in the wind.
>>
>>935599
>>935614

Thanks guys.. Im stupid and found an easy fix for my little issue...

ProTIP use regular rubber gloves... It blocks out all the air and keeps my fingers warm.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.