[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sewage problem in my house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: sewage.png (335 KB, 752x454) Image search: [Google]
sewage.png
335 KB, 752x454
Hello, /diy/.
I need your advice.
This rough sketch in picrelated depicts a drain system in my house.
Figures 1 and 3 are maintenance pit with a hatch to the main shitpipe leading to the communal system.
Figure 2 point to the water level and a rusted-out hole beneath the maintenance hatch. Shit water doesn't come out of the hole, but the stench.
The only way to repair it is to replace the rusty maintenance hatch piece, but i can't afford it and welding is out of option, as it is completely rusted.

I searched for a provisional solution to keep the stench out of the house - one of my neighbours told me that to filling the maintenance pit with bucket of water would be a good idea.
What do you think about this - it is actually meant to balance the water level and isolate the shit from the air, but wouldn't it just fill the maintenance pit with shit diluted water and eventually push it upwards, filling my basement room with floating turds?
>>
>>935070
your drawing is shit, post a picture
>>
>>935070
If its a sewage manhole in your basement you need a double sealing hatch otherwise poisonous poo gas will kill you in your sleep. Seriously.
There shouldn't be anything shit in the pipe. If there is a trap that has backed up or emptied washing it out might help
>>
>>935070
how big is the diameter of of the rusted hatch? Would a 5 gallon bucket cover it?
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.