[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey so this heater was wired in my house and I in wired it now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160123_151611.jpg (2 MB, 4608x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160123_151611.jpg
2 MB, 4608x2592
Hey so this heater was wired in my house and I in wired it now I'm left with this shit coming out of my breaker and my electricity keeps shorting out help please
>>
File: IMG_20160123_151617.jpg (3 MB, 2592x4608) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160123_151617.jpg
3 MB, 2592x4608
>>
File: IMG_20160123_151643.jpg (3 MB, 2592x4608) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160123_151643.jpg
3 MB, 2592x4608
>>
>>934758
you should not have done that. good luck not dying
>>
disconnect it. Undo everything you did. Sit in a corner and think about what you did before you burn your landlord's house down.
>>
>>934766
I own the house lol
>>
>>934758
>and I in wired it now

wut?
>>
Turn the breaker panel off. Remove breaker and done
>>
>>934758
Black is hout
white is neutral
Green is ground

>>934759
Same here. Take cover off panel (screws on front). Wrap shaft of screwdriver in electrical tape to avoid killing yourself, locate breaker where Black wire going in is, unscrew breaker screw, pull out black wire, locate where neutral and ground are on grounding bar in panel, remove neutral then ground, unscrew set screws in connector pull wires out of box.

Turn the breaker off first and if you are really worried, turn off panel.

EVEN IF THE PANEL IS OFF IF YOU TOUCH THE LEAD WIRES COMING INTO MAIN BREAKER YOU WILL DIE.
>>
>>934758
Call an electrician before you burn your house down or electrocute yourself.
If you have to ask on the internet you do not know enough about this to do it on your own safely.
>>
>>934807
>EVEN IF THE PANEL IS OFF IF YOU TOUCH THE LEAD WIRES COMING INTO MAIN BREAKER YOU WILL DIE.

this is not true op, please touch them, the world will be a better place
>>
>>934758
green wire - ground (on the body). Do you at the entrance to the box is not an isolated tube with sharp edges, can break the cable insulation. In the photos there is no room in the input energy heater.
>>
>>934989
what the hell are you trying to say?!
>>
>>934989
>green wire - ground (on the body)

Please be careful giving OP advice. You say 'body' and he's more than likely going to go out and kill somebody.
>>
>>934758
Electrical Engineer checking in

From UK, so colour codes are different here, but if you know how to switch the off the breaker that these wires are coming out of, do so.

Phone an electrician; if you touch any of those wires there's a good chance you'll die.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.