[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sink Caulking / Mould
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160122_212233.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160122_212233.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Hey /diy/, I need help with the caulking of my sink.

I'm renting an apartment and noticed mould arriving, and as I tried to scrub the mould, the caulking is beginning to peel off and I see more mould underneath.
I'm not handy in any way, I need some advice as to what to do to fix this.

(I'm afraid of letting the tenant/agency know of this because this mould was not present when I moved in)
>>
remove and re-apply some.Use bleacher to kill the mold.
>>
Get a caulk gun and a wet sponge. Strip it, re-caulk it and use the sponge to pretty it up. Easy day.
>>
>>934044
rip it all out.

clorox it all down.

let it all dry.

100% silicone doesnt mold. it is also a bitch to apply. remember to cut your tip very small and squeeze it under there until it comes out. let it day, and then cut it off with a brand new razor blade so it doesnt look unfinished.
>>
It isn't your problem it's the owner's. They didn't apply the right caulking (which won't mold), tell them before you fuck it up and get charged for it.
>>
The reason there is more mould underneath is because someone caulked over the old mouldy caulking and it didn't stick very well. Don't use bleach on it because that is worse for your health then the mould itself. Cut the old caulking out and re-caulk it or complain to the landlord, that's why you pay rent.
>>
Thanks everyone. I've contacted the agent so they could take care of it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.