[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I became a nigger and bought a lockpick set and clear acylic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 001.jpg (3 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
3 MB, 2816x2112
So I became a nigger and bought a lockpick set and clear acylic padlock to practice.

Got my lock unlocked almost immediately--freaked me out at how easy it was.

Works best when I'm not thinking too hard about it and just jam it in like a cock.

Only one of the picks works any good for this particular lock.

Share your experiences.
>>
Is this a skill that one can achieve with different levels of difficulties? I ask sincerely because im this close to purchasing a sewing machine because I dont know how clothes are made and it would be hard as fuck.
>>
>>933452
There's lots of different skill in lock picking. You'll have to get into a lock picking community soon to play with 'challenge locks' because the ones you can buy from the store or amazon are pretty shit unless you start shelling out like $50+ each, and you can only pick a lock a couple times before you know how, and you'll just nail it every time, which won't actually raise your skill for new locks anymore.

Also watch Bosnian Bill on youtube.
>>
>>933454
Ill check it out but I only work, have a bunch of money, and just need a hobby. Ill probably get a sewing machine this weekend at the second hand store then chuck it into the dumpster a few days later. Same will happen with my lock pick kit comes in next week
>>
Spend a few more bux on some Southord picks, they're so much better. You don't need a massive set, just get what you can afford.

There are other types of picks for other locks (dimple locks, tubular locks, etc etc), some of them are almost as quick as having the key, Southord tubular picks in particular.

The clear locks are pretty easy to pick (obviously), but they're a good primer on what to do. There are basically two ways to start picking...Firstly you can 'rake' the lock, which it sounds like you did. Raking is more or less sticking a pick in and raking it back out, and it just bounces the pins around. Secondly, the 'proper' way (there is no proper way) is the SPP the lock (single pin pick). This is what you are working toward. You use a long hook to pick the individual pins, one at a time.

The tension you put on the tension wrench is the biggest part of picking, and it varies great from lock to lock, but generally you want is little as possible but enough to make the pins bind.

There's far too much to cover here as it's a pretty broad subject, but it's interesting and good fun.

Got some good ebooks if you want them?
>>
It's only a matter of time until people keep arguing about lockpicking being an actual hobby with no bad intentions or not.
>>
>>934176
Not really, given what you just >implied.
>>
>>934176
Who cares? It can be either, depends on the person learning and their intentions. I do it as a hobby/therapeutic waste of time, the next guy might be doing it to rob your house.
>>
>>933452
>>933460
Sewing isn't that hard man. The real key to it is having due diligence to not cut corners. The basic series of tasks you do goes like this: wash/iron the fabric, cut out pattern pieces, sew seams/finish edges, and finally iron those seams. Each step of course has its own rules but they're all important to follow.

Your iron should be your second best friend after the sewing machine itself. Read some basic books on it, it's really not that hard. The hardest part is making patterns.
>>
Why you just don't buy a pick gun?
>>
Those clear locks are easy as dog piss to do if you're looking at the pins move. Try it on a lock that you can't see inside of.
>>
>So I became a nigger and bought

you lost me there
>>
I have been a locksmith for the past 4 years, most of the picks in those kits are just gimmicks, the essentials are 1 or 2 good tensions wrenches, a standard hook and a rake.

BosnianBill is a great teacher as well
>>
>>933445
>So I became a nigger
Did you notice a decrease in intelligence and motivation immediately or did it phase in gradually?
>>
File: 1434470174001.jpg (188 KB, 645x901) Image search: [Google]
1434470174001.jpg
188 KB, 645x901
>>934173
Bro, you're pretty cool and very informative.

This locking picking business for me is just to hone my manual dexterity, I'm not going to get super into it (like those youtubers I see that crack extremely hard and complicted locks).

I think I got some ebooks from the torrents a while ago...

I remember this one youtuber from a long time ago that made a lock pick gun that was incredible effective and could pretty much open 90% of the locks out there...

Anyway, thanks man, don't get dissuaded from making awesome and informative posts in the future--they are very appreciated.
>>
>>933445

Brotato,

Go to eBay and get yourself a lock that has pins you can set yourself. I have one that holds from one to six pins, and came with a baggie of different pin lengths and styles - most of the shit you can buy at Walmart (Masterlocks) use standard pins, and those are pretty easy to pick. "Security" pins make things more challenging. The lock will be around fifty bucks, but it'll be something you can make more difficult as time goes on.

And keep a simple lock handy, something you can bust through without thinking about it. Days will come when you just cannot. Pick. Shit. Easy locks will go a long way towards restoring confidence, that and taking a break.

Have fun, mang. It's a neat skill to have, fun to do, occasionally handy, and...well, adds a little bit of that "bad boy" image the ladies tend to like. You're not supposed to know how to pick locks, only CRIMINALS need to know how to pick locks...
>>
>>934414
Thanks Bro.

I have a Southord gun, they are pretty good. Seen by most locksmith types as cheating, but fun to use nonetheless.

The Southord tubular picks amaze me the most, extremely effective. You can get cheaper ones from China but they're nowhere near as good.

Got some cheap jiggler keys from China, they're actually very good. Got them from Banggood
>>
>>934176
They already do and have argued about it for years.
>>
>>934512
Sorry, I meant they're seen by most lockpicking types as cheating. Locksmiths don't care how they get in, as long as they get in, because they're obviously looking to get the job done as quickly and effectively as possible.
>>
>>933445
Bro, how mush it cost? Lockpicks and a lock?
Can you share link please?
>>
>tfw owning a lockpick is illegal in my country
>>
>>934562
It's a bit of a grey area in the UK, a little like carry a knife.

If you can be deemed as 'going equipped' then the Police may try to charge you, but if you've got a semi valid reason to be carrying them (or you're a locksmith, of course) then you'll get away with it.
>>
>>933454
You can buy a Schlage or kwikset lock and deadbolt combo, buy a rekeying set off amazon. You'll acquire the skill of rekeying locks and you can then have a lock that you will always be able to use since you can change the pins.

Tl;dr:buy a schlage or kwikset lock from Lowe's or somewhere and a relevant rekeying kit off Amazon to never have to get different locks.
>>
>>933445
Bump keys with gaskets and maybe a mallet
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.