[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to have a lamp light up everytime a special word is said
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 4100791.jpg (844 KB, 1400x1119) Image search: [Google]
4100791.jpg
844 KB, 1400x1119
I want to have a lamp light up everytime a special word is said on television/live-stream news. How do I go about it? Do you have any suggestions on where to begin?

THANKS
>>
Raspberry pi
Install voice recognition
Script executes code when the word is said
Code switches a relay that powers the lamp
>>
>>933316
Why?
Whats the special word?
Is this related to autism in some way?
>>
>>933321

Thank you! I will look into the details.. Any of this you could tell me more about? Is this difficult to do if I have no experience with the things you mentioned?

>>933323
The special word is 'autism'.
>>
>>933333
hot damn Im on a roll.. but not as big of a roll as them quints.

So whats the plan, are you atleast going to post a montage of it on youtube or something?
>>
>>933365

Yes of course, but I still need to figure out how its done.
>>
Be nice to a glitter bomb wired up to chose a different word each day.
If the word of the day is said it explodes, if the word isn't said that day it changes for the next.
>>
>>933631
thats gonna be amusing,
be sure to come back to give us a link
>>
>>933316
Do you have access to the closed captioning on the tv/stream? My suggestion is to filter the cc for the word you want. These might help
http://hackaday.com/2011/12/15/censoring-all-the-f-words-on-tv/
http://nootropicdesign.com/projectlab/2011/03/20/decoding-closed-captioning/
>>
>>935024
This would be a better way. Voice recognition might fail to catch the word with other noises or an accent.
>>
>>933316
Are you Groucho Marx?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.