[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm having best buy install a radio and the led monitor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: champion-series-subwoofers.jpg (136 KB, 1000x670) Image search: [Google]
champion-series-subwoofers.jpg
136 KB, 1000x670
So I'm having best buy install a radio and the led monitor for my car because it also tells me gas mileage and oil life and all that stuff. I'm also going to replace the car speakers but the installation bay said it would be an additional 190$ to the 70$ for the radio and its frame (190 is for parts and labor) for a total of 260$. Would I be better off installing just the speakers myself? Is it difficult or should I just pay best buy
>>
>>933267
If your car is less than 2 years old, have it done.
If it's more than that, you're giving money away.
>>
>>933269
It's a 2006 G6
>>
>>933270

>2006

sheeeeiiitttt.. you might as well be driving a 1986 yugo
>>
Im driving a 1991 pathfinder and i install the radio and 6 speaker myself. Im looking for an amplifier to get the bass in my truck. Is preaty easy. If the car have speakers already just disconect them and conect the others to the same cable, if you are replasing all of it, including the wire, disconect a wire and replace it with another, keep doing that with each cable. Each speaker should have 1 cable.
>>
>>933270
>2006 makes it around 10 years old.
So yes. 10 is more than 2. Fucking do it yourself.
>>
>>933320
>around 10
>2016 - 2006 = ...
>>
>>933355
He didn't post VIN. Car could have been manufactured 9 to 11 years ago. Also known as around 10.
>>
>>933267
I wouldnt let Best Buy touch my car at all, why arent you going to do the install of the radio?
>>
>>933374
I need a special frame with a special screen because my car tells me how much gas I have left, oil life and some other stuff. It's not just the radio aspect
>>
File: 1347640073846.jpg (214 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1347640073846.jpg
214 KB, 960x720
>>933483
This is why you should just buy an older car.
>>
>>933483
Every car within the last decade needs a dash install kit, its nothing new.

The dash install kit is 170$ on amazon.

Installing it is easy as shit.

Installing the speakers is harder, but if you let a minimum wage gorilla working at Best Buy rip off your door skins to replace your speakers, you are gonna regret it.

Just do it all yourself, you might learn a thing or two.
>>
>>933487
Also, note if you install expensive speakers that are hard to drive, you are going to need a small amp or they will sound shitty.
And if you are going to be spending a ton of money, dont cheap out and buy a fucking 70$ bottom of the barrel stereo
>>
>>933270
You're wasting money in all directions mate. Pointless endeavour.
>>
like, hold up here..

we've got $190 labor to fit a $70 stereo - how much is the rest (speakers) and this lcd costing? Is this CAN Bus, or some standard G6 thing? As others have said, dunno if your adding value (or getting any) here, desu. Appreciate you may not want to fit it yourself particularly, but, speakers (if you are just replacing existing) is (usually..) easy enough.
>>
>>933267
>buy everything, mounting kits, wiring harness (so fucking easy nowadays) and your hardware (stereo speakers etc)
>go on Youtube look up car model plus installing speakers.
>watch video, pick up pointers.
>have nuts, willingness to do it yourself
>take 8 hours to do a 2 hour job
>Turn radio on... works and sounds awesome
Feelsgoodman.gif
>>
Aftermarket stereos generally *degrade* the resale value of a car (though at around 10 years old, it probably won't make any difference). The point is, any money you sink into that car will be lost unless you can take it out and re-sell it separately. That means you should a) keep all the original parts, and b) know how to undo the installation yourself.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.