[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
making hooch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Twittercd6102d.jpg (128 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
Twittercd6102d.jpg
128 KB, 500x496
Just finished off my inaugural batch of apple juice hooch.
All said, I'm not unimpressed with the magic of home made swill.
Anyone else into this, or am i a closet alcohol?
>>
File: wondering.jpg (39 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
wondering.jpg
39 KB, 640x358
>>932459
>MAN SIZE PRESSURE PACK
I don't think I could carry that much.
>>
>>932459
Am also into this.

Saved pic, OP
>>
>>932459
Did you let it ferment for the actual reccommended time?

Because I found I had not the patience for home fermentation.
>>
>>932541
I bathed it daily in warm water, the bubbling slowed after 3 days. It was mildly intoxicating, the flavor was a bit yeasty due to the bread yeast.
A need a comprehensive recipe for maximum ethanol content.
Anyone got something?
>>
>>932548
>bathed it daily
Dude, just throw an airlock on it and forget about it for a month
>>
File: gheegheeghee.jpg (99 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
gheegheeghee.jpg
99 KB, 640x427
>>932459
>Tight nuts
>a rusty tool
>man size pressure pack
>it's good stuff

everything in orbit
>>
>>932459
You should look up 90s gaming and PC advertising
A lot of that shit wouldnt fly nowadays either.
>>
Call it apple wine to sound less ghetto.

I make it too. got 9 liters going right now
>>
>>932773
>makes screwing a pleasure
>gives better penetration
too ebin 4 me
>>
>>932459
>Thought it was just old-timey naivete
>kept reading
>finally realised it was intentional at the 4th bulletpoint

I'm a failure
>>
>>932459
Is this shit for real, or is this a fake? I thought Dad's muffler shop in Louisville (No muff too tough!) was bad, but damn!
>>
How'd it taste OP?
I'm into home fermentation in general and have made beer, saurkraut, cheese, yogurt, kefir, kombucha and even fermented chilli sauce. I've not made a cider yet, but I investigated it at length. The main issue is that when letting fruit ferment completely, it leaves a really dry drink with no sweetness. I found two ways around this, but this is the one I'd go with. It includes bottle carbonation which imho is the way to go too.
Don't skimp on the yeast, buy some ale yeast or champagne yeast from the byo brew store. Be extra anal about cleanliness and sanitise your fermentation bucket with iodine or similar sanitizer from brew store.Ferment with an airlock as one anon already said. Also make sure your fermentation vessel is food grade, or better still, glass. Otherwise you're going to get all kinds of shitty shit leeching from the plastic into your drink, which may or may not affect the taste. Let it ferment for at least 10 days, you can age it further in the bottle. Either use plastic sealable bottles also from brew store or buy some crown caps and capping tool. Check online for carbonation and sugar charts for how much sugar you need for bottle carbonation. If you screw this up you could end up with bottle bombs. Take the measured sugar and add xylotol or some other non-fermentable sweetener to the mix to enhance sweetness, otherwise get ready to acquire a taste for brut champagne with an extra side of dry. Dissolve the sugars into a small amount of water bring to the boil to kill any bugs, cool it to room temp and then slowly pour into your hooch. Mix it in well and sanitise your bottles. After about 20 mins, start bottling that nectar. Let it age in a dark room at room temp for at least 10 days before popping one in the fridge. Cider just tastes better with age, so 3 months even is great. It'll only do the distance though if you've been thorough with your sanitising. Good luck!
>>
>>932459
>complete with red knob

Yeah.
>>
File: what the fuck.jpg (49 KB, 576x402) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.jpg
49 KB, 576x402
>>932776
Jesus you weren't kidding
>>
>>932459
Used to brew a whole lot, but i don't drink that much anymore. Seriously, you can't stomach throwing the stuff out after all the time you put into it, especially when it's good, so you just have to drink it all...

Anyway...Try making tea wine at some point. It's basically making a 5 gallon cup of ULTRA sweet tea, and letting it ferment out. Tastes incredible, and usually packs quite the punch.
>>
>>932776
ITS ABOUT ETHICS IN VIDEOGAME JOURNALISM
>>
>>932932
I didn't think people making toilet hooch cared. I mean I don't.
>>936720
>>932776
Pic related .
>>
>>936720
this was gold back in the 00s
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.