[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Amidoinitrite?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: CAM01032.jpg (333 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
CAM01032.jpg
333 KB, 1536x2048
Found a decent deal at habitat. I bought another motion detector unit and studied the diagram.. Came up with this. Is this the proper wiring setup for a motion detector?
>>
>>928998
> no info as to which wire does what
> no info as to what wire should be connecting to what.
> not even any info on the make/model of the hardware used.

> Is this the proper wiring setup for a motion detector?
Sure anon, why not.
>>
if it's your intention to apply power between the black/red bunch and the white bunch, then that is definitely not the correct way. you have to consider that the sensor part is a switch, so it has a black and white for power, then a switched red to power the bulb.

so the red from the sensor should go to the black from the lamp, and only only there. the neutral whites are OK as is. anyway, this is my recollection from wiring one a year or so ago, so i'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>929004

just checked my spare and that's 100% right.
>>
black and white to the sensor head should be connected to the house power. the white from the lamp head also to the house power. the black from the lamp goes to the red from the sensor head. and all green go to earth ground.

i used to work for a company that made security lights
>>
>>928998
its not gonna work well with that broken fresnel lens.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.