[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hydraulic handbrake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: hydraulic_handbrake_horizontal.jpg (46 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
hydraulic_handbrake_horizontal.jpg
46 KB, 650x650
The hydraulic handbrake in my rally car isn't working. Please help.
>Tires won't turn when the car is jacked up.
>Hanbrake is hard when i pull it (With a few cm slack at the beginning)
>Won't lock tires at speed
Any solutions? Have bled it. Even flow.

Pic related, it's the one i have.
>>
>>927389
drums, discs, drum-inside-a-disc?
are you plumbed in before or after the LSPV?
>>
>>927685
There is no LSPV. It's been removed for better feel with the brakes.
>>
>>927685
Also; discs.
>>
i'm thinking pad contamination/wrong compound

or a mismatch between master and slave cylinder ratios. did it ever work?
>>
>>927859
i don't know. The guy i bought it from didn't get it to work, but he only drove two rallies with it before selling it.
Pads are nearly brand new EBS yellowstuff (redstuff in front).
>>
Well being a linear system start at the front a work back. Recoil spring in master cylinder stuck? Plunger?
Don't mean to be a dick but do you know how to properly bleed brakes?
If the brakes are stuck we can assume either
A. The line is pressurized.
B. The caliper is locked up
C. The pads are rusted to the disc.

Have you driven it? Are the locked up under engine load?
>>
>>929176
Yes, i know how to bleed brakes. I'd be a pretty shitty rally mechanic if i couldn't bleed brakes.
Recoil spring operates freely.
Calipers work properly
Pads and disks are brand new.
Have driven the car several times, but i can't manage to lock the rear wheels at speed.
Current theory is that the guy who plumbed the system (not me or any of my guys) was really shit and didnt know what he was doing.

We have a rally this weekend and not enough time to redo the system, but we are going to replumb it and run the lines directly to the rear calipers and give the hanbrake it's own reservoir.
>>
>>929223
Is the handbrake plumbed into the brake lines or is it a parallel system?
Does your normal brake reservoir fill when you pull the handbrake? I guess I'm asking if it's flowing backwards.
Where are you rallying? I really want to build a Mazda 323 gtx Into rally car. Not much rally in the states though.
>>
>>929250
They are connected to the main brake system. Yes the reservoir fills up.
I drive in Norway.
Love the 323, but i prefer the looks of the gtr.
>>
>>929484

Then this could be the problem! You are putting pressure through the entire system. Handbrake should be a stand alone system.
>>
>>929492
Yeah. We figured. We plan to rebuild it after the race this weekend.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.