[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you solder wires to the solder cups inside a DIN connector?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 6-Pin-DIN-Male.jpg (11 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
6-Pin-DIN-Male.jpg
11 KB, 400x266
how do you solder wires to the solder cups inside a DIN connector? they are not hollow, are filled with something (pic related)
>>
They're probably filled with solder.
>>
>>926770
> heat cup
> insert pre-tinned wire
> ???
> throughput of signal
>>
thx, will try it.
>>
I recently did this...and had the same issue. I could not get the wires to go in at all. I was soldering a mini din 9 and couldn't even get a needle through a heated cup.
Intended up soldering to the sides and just hot gluing...
>>
op here. i just checked and there is no solder in the cups at all. and they are very shallow! if the length of the cup (from tip to black plastic body/base) is 7mm, then the hollow part of the cup is only ~2mm. wtf?!
>>
>>926851
Sounds about right, you only need enough to make a solder connection, the strain relief clamp will absorb any cord related violence that may compromise the solder joins.
>>
>>926851
well, 2 mm will be enough for a decent solder joint anyways
>>
/thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GLeCt_u3U8
>>
>>926931

thx, i actually watched that before posting. the ones in the video look hollow and have a fillet, the ones i asked the question about look like pic.

op
>>
Maybe there is some kind of female connector that you have to solder to the wires first?

I don't know it just seems like you got poorly designed connectors. In your case I would solder wire into a little coil around each pin and just pot the whole thing in epoxy.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.