[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hanging a gun on a wall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: Martini III.jpg (21 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
Martini III.jpg
21 KB, 500x700
Dunno whether to post this on /k/ or /diy/ but basically very soon I'm coming into possession of a Martini Mk. III

I want to hang it up but all the 'gun racks' I find on the interweb are either for like 5 rifles or tacticool.
Considering I want just the one rifle and it is an antique I'm thinking of some kind of wood and/or brass hook wall mount thing - but I don't know what to get or make one from scratch

halp plox
>>
>>924527
Buy a five rack and slice off four racks.

Also, be sure that you are aware of your local display laws. In Canada, the weapon still ahs to be secured somehow, and not displayed with ammunition.
>>
>>924533
Most of how they're designed means it wouldn't look very pretty (even if I did a very good job of cleaning up after) - plus it'd be wasting money buying a large rack to chop it up

The martini as its so old counts as an antique so it can sit there quite freely - until I load ammunition for it but that's a different matter
>>
File: deer antler.jpg (136 KB, 1247x900) Image search: [Google]
deer antler.jpg
136 KB, 1247x900
>>924527
Make a gun rack from a deer rack. Deer antlers are pretty cheap and look classy. Here's a rack on ebay that's a matched set. It currently has no bids, and is only 15 dollars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Point-Whitetail-Deer-Antlers-Horns-White-tail-/272089052394?hash=item3f59c574ea:g:ZIoAAOSwYaFWgXQg

One word of warning though deer antler stinks while you're grinding it or using high speed saws. Apart from that, antler is a perfecy diy material, and would look great with that rifle.
>>
>>924527
Get a 1x6, pine will do. Lay it on the floor, on your work bench, you get the idea. Lay splendid future family heirloom of a rifle on the board. Use your x chromosome to make it look "pretty" as it lays there, I don't know, make it symmetrical or something. Mark either just behind the triggerguard or even inside the bow with a pencil, then mark under the forearm, say 6 inches back from the muzzle? Use a dot. Use your y chromosome now to do the math such that when you drill a 3/8 hole in your pine board, the top of the home will end up where your mark was. Drill 3/8 hole, insert 3/8 dowel, a couple of inches long, glue it in. Screw board to wall studs. Put rifle on dowels. Bonus points if you use a finish off some sort on the board and dowels. Extra bonus points if you use something besides pine that actually looks good.
>>
>>924709
What should I use my other chromosome for?
>>
>>924740
Probably for messing with the rifle on the wall, no matter how many times your mother and I tell you not to, you little shit! That, or hugs. Whichever.
>>
>>924675
>Deer antlers look classy.
that class is commonly referred to as white trash
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.