[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want off this ride. Major car manufacturers are downsizing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: nightmares.jpg (28 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
nightmares.jpg
28 KB, 640x320
I want off this ride.

Major car manufacturers are downsizing their engines, soon commonplace v8's will be relics of the past. What will the engines of the future be?

v8>v6tt>v6tttt>i4t>i4tt>i4ttt>i4tttt>i3t>i3tt>i3ttt>i3tttt>i2t>i2tt>i2ttt>i2tttt>i1t>i1tt>i1ttt>i1tttt>i1tttttttttttttttttttttt

Just wake me up from this nightmare.
>>
V8s are relics. I love V8 engines but they have no place in the modern world. You can do as much or more with inline 4 cylinder engines with a fraction of the capacity of conventional naturally aspirated V8s.
>>
>>923864
By the time you have to worry you wont be driving anymore and you'll be taking a google drive powrered uber that doesnt even have a driver.
>>
>>923864
>hurr durr there's no replacement for displacement
>>
A retardedly boosted one cylinder actually sounds pretty terrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xXn-N480Bk
>>
Cheers up, mate, at least electric ones are getting pretty badass!
>>
>>923870
It sucks but this is true. I'm a guitar player and computers are starting to do comparable job to the coveted tube amp tech of years past. The things that were once punchlines for us are surpassing what we held so much stock in.

It's kind of cool though, digital is generally cheaper, more predictable, incredibly versatile, and low maintenance.

Same thing with 4 bangers, they're cheaper, lighter, have less moving parts, and allows for a smaller car which gives the opportunity for lower weights and better handling.

I'm excited to see what the future brings.
>>
>>923884
>all the related videos are people getting fingers torn off by that fucking flywheel (or whatever it is)
>>
>>923864

V8's have been obsolete for a loooong time already bud. You're a bit late. Actually, imo, they were always obsolete, and always just a marketing gimmick. WTF does does the average car owner need 300 horsepower for, other then a penis substitute?

Also, the motors of the future will be electric. Cry some more.
>>
>>923922
v8's are more efficient than a straight 8 though. They have more torque than the inline type. 8 cylinders is overkill for a car though.
>>
Nice thing about v engines is how smooth they are.

Tho not as smooth as a boxer so...
>>
>>923922
>Le small penis xD
Do you have an actual argument?
>>
a tesla is already a better car than whatever bullshit you're preemptively nostalgic about. Engine of the future will be none of your concern because you won't be driving.
>>
>>923922
This pleases me

Eat shit car fags.
>>
Horsepower matters, not cylinder count. You don't look under the hood when you drive, and if you deserve something different you will either learn how to assemble it yourself or learn to earn to pay someone else.

Fucking cunts caring about any auto other than what they drive are silly.
>>
>>923870
Yeah, but they just aren't as smooth. My I4 car vibrates like a bitch compared to my wife's V8.
>>
>>923864
That, OP, is because you're american, and american engines have long, long gdragged far beding anything the europeans or japanese did.

Effectively, you were struggling to get power, so you compensated with size, while the others were using technology to allow twice the power in half the displacement.
>>
>>923898
>all the related videos are people getting fingers torn off by that fucking flywheel (or whatever it is)
Wut, where?

I'm not seeing any.
>>
>>923884
This isn't boosted at all. Those ranged from 6 to 10 litre. These are a 2 stroke semidiesel engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDPleznvNbY

>>923898
Perhaps this is the excitement you were looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG1MnXkHhlM
>>
>>923864
You just keep your pile of scrap that runs on dead dinosaurs.

I'll have one of these :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apoeGMWF17c
>>
>>924168
>mass-produced electricity
>clean energy

Pick one.
>>
>>923864
find yourself an old saab 96 from the 60s some of them were two stroke 3 cylinder powered, you will then be ahead of the game
>>
>>923873
>giving a corporation your right to travel

why? what kind of lazy manchild would you have ot be to think this is a good idea?
>>
>>923864
>What will the engines of the future be?
electric motors, in all likelihood
>>
>>924656
One that wants to get somewhere in a hurry and without being killed by inferior meatbag drivers.

I could also drink when I go out.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.