[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solar 2135
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Sup diy, I have a solar 2135 mig welder that belongs to my dad, he bought it new 18 years ago but it has set in storage for the last 8. I want to get it working because it will do up to 1/4 inch which is impressive for a portable welder. But I have two problems. 1) the charger was lost a few year ago when we moved (24 volt charger unknown amperage) and I have no idea what condition the battery is in. I have included a pic of the welder and I was hoping if anybody knew of a site that sells new chargers or how to make one.
Pic related, the welder
>>
any 24V SLA charger will do the job. a used e-bike/mobility cart charger for 10 bux is more than enough. cut the end off, splice on a cig plug and off you go.

it probably needs a new battery, after sitting flat for so long it'll be unrecoverable. open it and see. you'll probably find it's very simple inside, basically it's a spool gun grafted to a jump start pack.
>>
>>921003
Looks like that will work! I have a 24 volt schwinn scooter that has a good battery and charger, would that work to replace the whole thing?
>>
>>921031
probably.
the scooter batteries might be smaller than the original batteries but the worst that'll happen is you won't be able to weld for as long.
>>
>>921050
Okay sweet I'll rig it up
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.