[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to put up OSB paneling in my shop. Should I spring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: dsdsdsdsdsdsd.png (15 KB, 661x440) Image search: [Google]
dsdsdsdsdsdsd.png
15 KB, 661x440
I'm going to put up OSB paneling in my shop. Should I spring for R13 insulation for an extra $200-230 while I do it? Here is a heat loss graph I made. I ran a heater 30 min to get from 40 to 72 then let it run down for 40 minutes. Outside temp was 38.
>>
Depends on you, friend.
If you spend plenty of time in there and want to stay warm without the feeling that you are wasting cash, get that insulation in there. Insulation also pays off in keeping things cool so when summer comes around you might be a clever crafter and frame in a window opening to fit a window AC unit or just a vent for a standalone AC. Now you can putter around with soldering irons/saws/imprisoned girls rain or shine, summer or winter.
>>
Absolutley, I've built a few houses with 2×6 on all exterior walls simply to stuff more insulation in them, I blew in 18" in the attic, Execpt for a glass patio door the doors were doubled at the main entrance and garage, very well insulated from the basement and the two largest windows were triple paned.

I fucking love insulation, in fact I'm insulated right now.

But really I abhor working with fiberglass and will never do it again if I can help it, it's the Devil.
>>
>>920701
R-13 is garbage, you're honestly better off shredding newspaper and wood and stuffing your walls with it. Shit has an r value of like 30
>>
>>920819
Interesting. So I have 8ft walls I'm wondering if I cut my sheets only to 7 foot then hand feet this stuff in the cracks till they're full if that would be adequate and cheaper? I know this stuff settles out over time and it's normally only blown in at like 36 inches, I wonder how 84 inches of it on itself would make it compress after a few years?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.