[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Ice Rink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: ice rink.jpg (89 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
ice rink.jpg
89 KB, 600x450
Going to build my first outdoor ice rink this winter (if the northeast will get cold enough).

Any tips on how to build it or ideas to make it super cool?
>>
>>920114
>asking /diy/ for advice on cooling things
Obviously you just need a bucket of ice and a fan.
>>
>>920118
>thinking that's all there is to an ice rink
Obviously you don't /diy/ much
>>
I know the basics like
>get a wood frame
>get braces to support frame
>line frame with plastic
>fill with water all at once

But outside of that I'll mostly be winging it. Any advice on the small things that'll help keep it quality for longer is much appreciated.
>>
>>920114
looks like he's just put in boxing and used some membrane or plastic polythene type material to line it with and make it water tight then filled it with water and let it freeze.
>>
>>920114
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hT3yfuLPIU
Merry fucking Christmas, OP.
Don't say nobody got you anything cool you huge faggot.
>>
what do with all that water in the springtime?

when i was a kid we used to make a rink on a pond. Once it froze, we would shovel the snow to the edges for the"boards"

then on a calm day, we'd chop a hole outside the boards, and flood the rink with a pto pump on the tractor, and let it freeze again.

it takes a lot of water
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.